Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to make the WPFPropertyGrid Readonly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make the WPFPropertyGrid Readonly.

HI there,

I have read this post regarding use of the WPFPropertyGrid in NT and have managed to get this sample working in NT8:

I have a question regarding how to make it read-only. I can see from a chart in the Indicators dialogue when you select an Indicator in the "Available" section it shows the properties of that indicator in the WPFPropertyGrid as read-only. This is exactly what I want to do.

I have tried to use the PropertyGrid.ShowReadOnlyProperties property setting it to true, but it does not seem to make any difference.

Can you provide a code sample as to how you are making the WPFPropertyGrid read-only.

Thank for your time,

Mark.

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

If you are trying to disable the whole property grid at once, I am unsure of a specific way to disable all properties at once I will need to research this further. If I can locate any method to do this I will update this post.

One example I can think of that would work for this purpose would be to use the property descriptor collection and a type converter. We have a good sample at the following link that demonstrates a few different concepts in the property grid including read only. https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...ad.php?t=97919

In this situation, a type converter is used along with the property descriptors collection to control the various properties like read-only. You could do something similar to this or create a type converter that controls all properties instead of being specific. I am unsure of what would be required to toggle that though, you would likely need to create a second object that does not have the type converter and select that if it should be enabled at some point.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

wpfpropoertygrid

Isn't it just a simple call in initialize.. like

wpfgrid.SelectedObject = myobject;

foreach (PropertyItem p in wpfgrid.Properties) {

p.IsReadOnly=true;

}

Good luck

Andreas

Start trading with Exness, a leading platform offering low spreads, advanced tools & a wide range of assets. Open your account today!

Comment

Thanks for the response. Much appreciated.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post adeelshahzad