Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Dionysus New Year Present – Ninja & Excel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If someone has the .dll files needed to use in conjunction with office 2010, can you let me know if you were able to find them for download some place?

Comment

Originally posted by forrestang View Post
      If someone has the .dll files needed to use in conjunction with office 2010, can you let me know if you were able to find them for download some place?
      Believe this would be the dll content needed - http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...s.aspx?id=3508
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So the readme in that file does say that the two files are in there. Also, looking in the location shown in the attached pic does show those two file names. But I do not think they are dlls, and they cannot simply be copied and pasted into the NT7 folder.

Where might the files be located after install?
        Attached Files

Comment

Can you check into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Visual Studio Tools for Office\PIA\Office12 folder?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
            Can you check into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Visual Studio Tools for Office\PIA\Office12 folder?
            Actually, I don't have Visual Studio 10 on my PC. In that location, I only have MS Visual Studio 8. I looked through this folder, and there aren't any interop files in there.

The install of that PIARedist went ok and seems to have installed fine, but I have been unable to find the files listed in the readme for that installer.

Comment

Have you tried a Windows search for the DLL needed? It might install in a different folder if you're not running VS.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                Have you tried a Windows search for the DLL needed? It might install in a different folder if you're not running VS.
                Yes, I have tried quite a few. Either I am searching wrong, it's not there, or it's hidden?

Comment

Yes, I have tried quite a few. Either I am searching wrong, it's not there, or it's hidden?
                  Haha! I guess that was it, unhiding all things in folder options showed the two files. Attached are the two locations of the two files needed.

I will see if I can get everything to work now.

Woot!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Got it!

I got everything to work, with the sample file, so I should easily be able to accomplish what I want now.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

I got everything to work, with the sample file, so I should easily be able to accomplish what I want now.

Thanks for the help.
                      Glad to hear that forrestang.

Comment

Question if anyone can figure it out.

In the example:

Code:
                                        excelRange = excelSheet.get_Range([COLOR="Red"]"B1","B201"[/COLOR]);
                                        excelRange.Font.Color = System.Drawing.ColorTranslator.ToOle(System.Drawing.Color.DarkBlue);
                                        excelRange.Interior.Color = System.Drawing.ColorTranslator.ToOle(System.Drawing.Color.Cornsilk);
                                        excelRange.Font.Bold = true;
                                        excelRange.ClearContents();
                        This is how you change the properties of a range of values, in this case the cells from B1 to B201.

I am wanting to color some cells based on certain conditions, so for that I will want to individually color cells.

The problem with the above reference is that it sets up the initialization using "B1," using letters, where I have my cells picked out by row/column number. So this is a problem, as it

Does anyone know how to be able to change specific cells color by referencing with Row/Column numbers instead of the actual Letters(B1,B200)?

References:
                        Learn how you can change the font of an entire row that contains a selected cell so that the text is bold.

Apply a color to text within a range of cells by using a NamedRange control or a native Microsoft Office Excel range object.
                        Last edited by forrestang; 02-14-2012, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Thank you so much

Your work to connect Ninja Trader to Excel is extremely well done.

One would expect that a good portion of the technical effort of Ninja Trader would fall into the white spaces, ie. the interfaces between data providers and Ninja and the interfaces between Ninja and Excel users (customers).

I find it odd that it took the expertise of a customer to develop the solution to this challenge.

Your solution adds tremendous value to the Ninja product.

Stephen Druley

Comment

Hi there,

does anyone know if the method suggested in this tread works for PULLING LIVE FEEDS IN EXCEL from Ninja? I need some FX live feeds and I am thinking to get them from Kinetick but I just want to be sure that I am not wasting time and money... Does anyone know if the resulting connection is stable (no stale feed etc)?

Many thanks
                            BC

Comment

Haha! I guess that was it, unhiding all things in folder options showed the two files. Attached are the two locations of the two files needed.

I will see if I can get everything to work now.

Woot!!
                              lol! So it was there all the time....

Jeez..

Good stuff!

Comment

Question if anyone can figure it out.

In the example:

Code:
                                                excelRange = excelSheet.get_Range([COLOR="Red"]"B1","B201"[/COLOR]);
                                                excelRange.Font.Color = System.Drawing.ColorTranslator.ToOle(System.Drawing.Color.DarkBlue);
                                                excelRange.Interior.Color = System.Drawing.ColorTranslator.ToOle(System.Drawing.Color.Cornsilk);
                                                excelRange.Font.Bold = true;
                                                excelRange.ClearContents();
                                This is how you change the properties of a range of values, in this case the cells from B1 to B201.

I am wanting to color some cells based on certain conditions, so for that I will want to individually color cells.

The problem with the above reference is that it sets up the initialization using "B1," using letters, where I have my cells picked out by row/column number. So this is a problem, as it

Does anyone know how to be able to change specific cells color by referencing with Row/Column numbers instead of the actual Letters(B1,B200)?

References:
                                Learn how you can change the font of an entire row that contains a selected cell so that the text is bold.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/libr...(v=vs.80).aspx
                                Can't you just have a method that converts your row numbers to letters?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
                                115 responses
                                1 like
                                Last Post kevinenergy  
                                Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH