Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Pattern recognition concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pattern recognition concept

Hello,
    I'm trying to wrap my head around a concept. I think the solution could be solved by using a loop, but I'm not good at loops so I hoping I can get some help.
    If someone were trying to identify say a head and shoulders pattern over and over again through the course of a month and each occurrence needed to be labelled and accessed as it's own unique instance, how would one go about doing this?
    Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Once you have created your condition to identify the head and shoulders pattern, you could use an "if" statement to draw an object where the pattern occurred. As far as labeling each occurrence as a unique instance, you could use an increment operator that would increase each time the loop executed and draw that number on your chart.

I have located this indicator in the downloads section of the forum to get you started. It looks like all of the logic should already be there to locate the patterns, and you would only need to customize it to treat each occurrence as unique.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...catid=4&id=574

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainAmsericaXX View Post
      Hello,
      I'm trying to wrap my head around a concept. I think the solution could be solved by using a loop, but I'm not good at loops so I hoping I can get some help.
      If someone were trying to identify say a head and shoulders pattern over and over again through the course of a month and each occurrence needed to be labelled and accessed as it's own unique instance, how would one go about doing this?
      Thanks
      Thanks Josh, I'm also trying to create an indicator that only shows a specific type of cup and handle pattern. There's lots of requirements so it's a bit tricky.
      Last edited by ChristianBen; 04-26-2020, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
      167 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jeronymite  
      Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
      7 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred