Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Import failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import failed

I'm getting an Import Failed error, NS Archive File may contain duplicate method names etc. etc.

I've attached the zip file, but I'd really like to hear back from Patrick or one of your other hotrod reps who can step me through a method to trouble-shoot this myself.

Thanks,

Geoff
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

In this case, because this is a compiled/protected file we would only be able to get an estimate of the errors and only if we manually import this.

When you import this, the platform detects there is a conflict but does not relay the specific error, you can, however, get the errors to display by using the NinjaScript editor. I have composed a short video to describe the steps to display the errors here:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Based on the error message, this is possibly an enum being used that was not using a fully qualified name. If you are the developer of this item, we could explore this situation further otherwise I would suggest providing this video to the developer for review.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the video...very helpful. The problem here was that I had already imported this indicator, so the relevant files already resided in the bin\Custom folder. I assume that's why NT7 flagged the duplicate method names, etc. That implies that I cannot re-import a protected item...I would have to remove the old one first, right? Unprotected .cs files can be re-imported without error, if I recall correctly.

In this case, there is a fourth file named OscillatorRSqeeze.dll, without the X64 or X86 notation. Can you tell my why that file is required?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

If there is an existing item it should ask to replace that item so long as there are no other errors. I was unable to import this item in a clean installation so it still has a problem in its syntax separate from being a duplicate.

If this is part of a pack of items, this may also be caused by the import order. For example as shown in the video, there is a type not being found. This would be a case if you need to import another zip file first that contained that type.

Regarding the other file you mentioned, that very well could be related to the error if that contains the missing code. If so, that item would need to be imported first. A developer can export items either in a single zip that contains multiple items, or they can put them all in separate dlls. If they choose the later, there is generally a specific order the items need to be imported in so all requirements are met. Most often the developer of that item will relay that in some way.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'll start a dialog with the developer.

THanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post chbruno