Commissions are not being included

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commissions are not being included

I'm totally new to this as of yesterday, so I may not be setting this up correctly. Is there some other setting that would force these into the analysis?
    Attached Files

Hi saroj, thanks for the post and welcome! Please enter the commissions also for the Simulator entry when backtesting. Then this should be reflected properly.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Seems to be multiple places to set commissions...

... both of which allow for different commissions for different levels - I assume levels allows a range of trades - ?

1. in the Tools / Instrument manager... which is symbol by symbol after clicking Edit and then going to the Misc tab and making an entry by datafeed line; for playback; and for simulation - is this what you mean "for backtesting"? Is this for when one is using the "Simulator" data feed as opposed to being in "Simulation" account?

2. in the Options area on the Commissions tab which is not symbol specific.

How do these two entry locations interact? It doesn't seem that an entry in the "Options" location transfers over into the Symbol specific area... I would have thought that it would have populated the Symbol / instrument area unless there were a value already there.

Would appreciate whatever clarification you can give...

Comment

For your needs, please enter it under Tools > Options > Commission on the Simulator entry for the instrument type you need (Currencies, Futures, Stocks).

This would be the 'Global' commission setting, if you enter a specific commission for a specific instrument this would get a higher priority be used then in the calculations.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
        12 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
        Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
        1 response
        0 likes