Divergence Input Series For NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Divergence Input Series For NT8

This indicator is similar to D3spotter,which already have a conversion to NT8.The advantage of Divergence Input Series is that it can form divergence signal with any indicator.
    So anyone have interest to make a conversion?
    Attached Files

Hello linuxwj,

Thank you for your post.

Please keep each inquiry to a single thread here on the forum. Please refer to my post on your other thread concerning this matter: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...62&postcount=2

Comment

Originally posted by linuxwj View Post
      This indicator is similar to D3spotter,which already have a conversion to NT8.The advantage of Divergence Input Series is that it can form divergence signal with any indicator.
      So anyone have interest to make a conversion?
      Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello linuxwj,
      Thank you for your post.
      I just converted and uploaded this indicator here:

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post
        I looked for this but didn't see where the file is. Anyone know where this might be?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello Segwin,

Thank you for your post.

You can find aligator's upload at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d=7&linkid=879

Comment

Hi Patrick, I'm not able to find the Divergence Input Series - NT 8 version at the link posted here. Please can you kindly point me in the right direction. Thank you!

Comment

The forum file sharing is temporarily unavailable as it is being moved to the NinjaTrader Ecosystem website. I've attached the file for your use.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Patrick!

Comment

so the nt indicator list for 7 and 8 was moved?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory Arkadin View Post
                    so the nt indicator list for 7 and 8 was moved?
                    If you're referring to the forum file sharing section, yes. This will no longer be provided on the forums and will be available on the NinjaTrader Ecosystem website soon. If I have misunderstood what 'indicator list' is in your question, please elaborate.

Comment

zoetuck or anyone using this DivergenceInputSeries Looking for some help on settings for parameters and applying input series

If i leave as default on install I do get results, but if i change settings I am not getting any results

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DTSSTS View Post
                        zoetuck or anyone using this Divergence InputSeries Looking for some help on settings for parameters and applying input series

If i leave as default on install I do get results, but if i change settings I am not getting any results

Thanks
                        Please first read the explanation notes that come with the indicator (in User Apps downloads), and also additional notes at the beginning of the code if you can open it in NinjaEditor.

As implied from the indicator name, divergence is calculated based on a "Input Series." The default input is the price Close. If you want to see divergence for i.e. RSI, then in the chart parameters list edit the default Input Series "Close" to your indicator of choice.

Also, you need to change the options for price data and data series to match your chart time frame. For example, if your chart time frame is 15 Min, then in the parameter list change the time frame option to 15 min.

In summary only 2 default values on Chart list of parameters need customization:

1. Change time series to indicator of choice
                        2. Change time frame option to chart time frame

Cheers!

Example for RSI:

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Everyone, why the divergence by the first ellipse to the second is not plotted by the arrow? Someone could implement this feature?

Comment

C
                            if you get this to work let me know, i could never get the inputs setup to actually tell me anything

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ClFil View Post
                              Hi Everyone, why the divergence by the first ellipse to the second is not plotted by the arrow? Someone could implement this feature?
                              Simple. The second ellipse has not been identified by the indicator, it was perceived by you. Because, it did not meet the criteria (basically the swing length and structure) for being a divergence.

The divergence you marked has many bars and swings included in it. It may get picked by the code if you go to a higher time frame chart and it meets the criteria.

You can eyeball and manually mark many divergences that will not be picked by any divergence indicators. Divergences are simply dependent on swing length and chart's time frame.

Originally posted by DTSSTS View Post
                              C
                              if you get this to work let me know, i could never get the inputs setup to actually tell me anything

thanks
                              Hi,

What is it that is not working for you? Obviously, post #13 shows that the indicator is working (see drawn arrows). There are only two simple parameters in the indicator that you need to customize. Take a look at the picture in post #12.

Do you know how to change the input series under parameters list from Close to your oscillator of choice (RSI, etc.)? If not, that might be why you can't get it to work. Ninja has some information and maybe a video on how to change the input series under the parameters list. Search for it.

Cheers!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rtwave
                              by rtwave

Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
                              5 responses