Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Previous candle high and low marked in numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Previous candle high and low marked in numbers

Hi Is there an indicator which displays the high and low of the previous bar in numbers? Thank you chris

Hello chrislou,

Thanks for post.

I am not aware of an indicator that provides this.

Alternatives are:

1) Create an indicator using Ninjascript.

2) Use the scroll wheel as button and click on the prior candle to see the mini databox which will show the OHLC values.

3) Use the market analyzer to display two columns that show the High and Low of the prior candle.

As the initial request was simple, I created an example of an indicator that will print the High and Low values of the prior candle. (attached)
    Attached Files
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

previous candle high and low marked in numbers

Thank you Paul

Comment

trend value on the right

Excuse me , I can not find the way to open a new thread ...
        I would like to know if is it possible to see on the right price scale the value of the trend horizontal lines i put on my grafhics... if there is an indicator about this function.
        Thank you

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your post. It looks like you were able to create a new thread after all as your question was answered here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=77716

Comment

Channel MA2

If you can find something called ChannelMA2 you can use it ..set it to sma1 sma1 calc on bar close it will give you last candle hi low price labels and put lines from the top and bottoms of candles to each other if you want them and shade the background between them to various opacities if you like. .I use it that way for price action entries off the last candles. Some price action folks like max stops off price of say 4 points in ES. One way to approximate that is to use an MA envelope set offset to about .15 ma type 1 period 1 then set lower and upper plots to HLine Dash and middle line to transparent. I find these useful for price action es and nq trading. along with a EMA slope color 20 ema and sometime something called Price Action Swing Pro. good luck You might find something called Candle Quarters useful as well for looking for 50% of candle lines which many use in price action trading and or trading styles like Rob Hoffmans How I Won Trading Competitions trend joining techniques. The yellow + in the candles is the 50% zone, very helpful.

Here's a screenshot in an NQ application. https://gyazo.com/09fc1664f0de33fc374965146a48ba26 the high of last candle is obscured by current price w white label ..can turn of current price labels..but just behind there is a red label of the high of the last candle. the bright green price label on the right is the low of the last candle.
            Last edited by CHARTMOJO; 02-18-2018, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Hello CHARTMOJO,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

We appreciate your contribution. The indicator ChannelMA2 for NinjaTrader7 is available in our NT7 indicators file downloads, here is a link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...d=4&linkid=353

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Paul View Post
                Hello chrislou,

Thanks for post.

I am not aware of an indicator that provides this.

Alternatives are:

1) Create an indicator using Ninjascript.

2) Use the scroll wheel as button and click on the prior candle to see the mini databox which will show the OHLC values.

3) Use the market analyzer to display two columns that show the High and Low of the prior candle.

As the initial request was simple, I created an example of an indicator that will print the High and Low values of the prior candle. (attached)
                Hi Paul,

Need a little help here.

May I know what are the lines in the script I would need to change if I want the previous candle total volume marked in numbers?

Thank you.

Comment

Hello tradesarus,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums.

Just to confirm, this is for NinjaTrader7.

So you want to display the volume, of the previous bar, displayed below the current bar? Volume is likely to be a large number which will look pretty cluttered on a chart if printed below each bar.

Have you considered just adding the VOL indicator which displays the bars volume? The marker on the right edge will show the current volume of the current bar

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Paul View Post
                    Hello tradesarus,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums.

Just to confirm, this is for NinjaTrader7.

So you want to display the volume, of the previous bar, displayed below the current bar? Volume is likely to be a large number which will look pretty cluttered on a chart if printed below each bar.

Have you considered just adding the VOL indicator which displays the bars volume? The marker on the right edge will show the current volume of the current bar
                    Hi Paul,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Yes. It is for NT7 now. It would be good to have it in NT8 as well. I am planning to switch to NT8 in time to come.

Please allow me to clarify. I would like to display the volume, of the completed bar, displayed below the completed bar. I am ok with the numbers on the chart.

I have used VOL indicator before. The frustration for me is that I would need to pan the cursor to the particular candlestick to view the volume. If there is numbers below the candlestick, it would be more efficient and effective.

Appreciate your help on this.

Thank you.

Comment

The following snippet would accomplish this in NT7

Code:
                      protected override void OnBarUpdate()
                      {
                          DrawText(CurrentBar.ToString(), VOL()[0].ToString(), 0, Low[0]-3*TickSize, Color.Blue);
                      }
                      Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JoshG View Post
                        The following snippet would accomplish this in NT7

Code:
                        protected override void OnBarUpdate()
                        {
                            DrawText(CurrentBar.ToString(), VOL()[0].ToString(), 0, Low[0]-3*TickSize, Color.Blue);
                        }
                        Hi Josh,

Thank you for the help.

I will give it a try.

Cheers.

Comment

Hi,

Just wondering if there is an indicator which show's in text on the chart the last 5 candles/bars average as just a number. Much the same as just having the Average True Range Daily number in text on the chart.

Cheers

Comment

SteveAU,

I am not aware of an existing indicator that does this. Would you like some guidance on creating this yourself?
                            Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by SteveAU View Post
                              Hi,

Just wondering if there is an indicator which show's in text on the chart the last 5 candles/bars average as just a number. Much the same as just having the Average True Range Daily number in text on the chart.

Cheers
                              ninja manual have an example of getting median value so I just plug it in
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post sightcareclickhere  
                              Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
                              9 responses