Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Multi time frame use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi time frame use

Hello
    I have programed a strategy on an 50 sec basis but I would like to add a specific filter based on a daily basis.
    But each time I add the daily time frame to my current 50 sec strat, it does not work on the graph as it does not enable a backtest
    Is there anything specific to know about this?
    Thank you

Hello Kamala,

Are you ensuring that your actions are happening on the correct BarsInProgress?

Are you checking there is at a least one bar of each series?

What is the full error message you are getting?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi

I have no specific error message it is simply that the strategy is not enabled on my chart...
      I have read your links but the problem is that I am only using the wizard and I am not familliar with the code.
      Is there anything I should do with the wizard to enable multi time frame strategy so that it works?
      Thank you

Comment

Hello Kamala,

Are you adding the strategy to a chart?

Is Enabled set to true?

Below is a publicly available link to a forum post with helpful information about getting started with NinjaScript.

The link to the Strategy Builder 301 course demonstrates how to enable a strategy.

Comment

Hello

Yes it is set to true...

Comment

Hello Kamala,

Is the strategy showing with the Enabled box checked on the Strategies tab of the Control Center?

If so, then the strategy is enabled.
            I would recommend using prints to find why the strategy is not placing orders.

Below is a link to forum thread about using prints to understand behavior.

If not, then likely the strategy is not being enabled and you should check for errors in the Log tab of the Control Center.

Comment

Please look at the attached print screen, because my program is working properly untill I ad another time frame and it suddenely stop working by automatically disabling my strategy
              Thank you for your help
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello Kamala,

You are confirming that there is an error that is causing the strategy to be disabled, correct?

What is the full error message on the Log tab of the Control Center?

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? (Help -> About.. e.g. 8.0.X.X)

Comment

I have no error message, but when I check the box to enable the strategy, it remains enabled approximately 5 sec and then automatically disabled.
                  This happens only when I ad another timeframe to the one I am using otherwise tere is no problem
                  I a using ninja 8.0.5.2 64-bit (Multi-Broker)

Comment

Hello Kamala,

Currently NinjaTrader 8 is on 8.0.12.0.

In the older versions of NinjaTrader 8, the Strategy Builder did not check that CurrentBars[0] is greater than 1. This was corrected in later versions.

Are you using the Strategy Builder with an older version of NinjaTrader 8 to add secondary series?

If so, you will need to unlock the script and add a check that all series have enough bars or the strategy will cause an indexing error to appear in the Log tab of the Control Center and the script will become disabled.

If no current bar check is done for the secondary series an indexing error will occur.

Below is a publicly available link to the help guide on CurrentBars.

Likely, there is an error in the Log tab of the Control Center that you are not seeing. Are you able to see in the Log tab of the Control Center the line where the strategy has become disabled?

Comment

I have no idea how to find where the error is coming from
                      I have updated my plateform to the last version and this is still not working at all

Comment

Hello Kamala,

If you have updated to 8.0.12.0, you would need to create a new strategy.

Errors can be found on the Log tab of the Control Center.

The error is likely an indexing error. An index is being used before the secondary series has any bars.

For example:
                        if CurrentBars is 1 and Print(Close[2]); is called, there will not be a bar 2 bars ago and an index error will occur and the script will become disabled.

To prevent the error, the script must prevent any indexes from being used until CurrentBars[0] is greater than the index used and CurrentBars[1] is greater than the index used.

Below is a publicly available link to the help guide on CurrentBars that includes a code example.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                        0 responses
                        1 view
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Jon17
                        by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM