Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Targeting framework

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Targeting framework

Hello,

is it possible to change targeting framework from 3.5 to 4.5?
    I have tried it in the properties of the project in VS, it seemed it works.
    But when I used some libraries from the new version and compiled the scripts in NT compilator, there was an error that it's unknown functions or something like that..

Please could you tell me the right procedure to change the targeting framework?

Thanks a lot.

Hello Luigo,

Thanks for your post.

We only support editing NinjaScripts in the NinjaScript Editor and do not offer a supported means to compile the custom NinjaScript assembly for NinjaTrader 7 in Visual Studio. Because of this we would not be able to support using a newer .NET version than what NinjaTrader 7 uses. (This also could create potential issues for legacy compatibility where these NinjaScripts may work on the newer .NET framework than what a client's NinjaScript Editor targets)

That said, it is possible to use Visual Studio for source code editing, but you will still have to use the NinjaScript Editor to compile your changes. My colleague Jesse has a demonstration video showing the steps that can be taken to use Visual Studio for editing. References will need to be added for NinjaTrader.Core.dll and WilsonORMapper.dll. I'll provide a link to this video below.

Jesse's demonstration for using Visual Studio with NinjaTrader 7 - http://www.screencast.com/t/eH7y5cedlzh

I may also like to point out a thread where users have targeted a newer version of .NET with NinjaTrader 8. Keep in mind, this would be unsupported, but may be of interest to you.

Targeting a different version of .NET for NT8 - https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...ad.php?t=79605

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Sparkyboy, Today, 10:57 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post Sparkyboy  
    Started by TheMarlin801, 10-13-2020, 01:40 AM
    21 responses