Expired contract position won't delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expired contract position won't delete

It seems I didn't exit a trade in sim 101 and the contract (NG) expired. Now, I can't seem to find a way to delete that position. I've tried flatten all, close position, neither works. How can I delete that non performing position?

Hi LTWCI,

Thank you for your note.

Do you recall which day you entered the position? If not, please see if you can find that information by creating an Account Performance report. Once you know which date you entered the position, please:

First, shut down NinjaTrader and roll your PC's clock back to the date of the execution.

Next, restart NinjaTrader and connect to your data provider.
    In the Executions tab of the Control Center, you should see all trades which were executed on this date listed.
    Please right click on the execution in question, then select 'Remove'.

After removing the execution, shut down NinjaTrader and return your PC's clock to the current date. At this point, you should no longer see the position reported.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just tried this... I do not see the execution having adjusted the clock back to the execution date....

solved... when one day later is used then execution shows up.... strange world. Regards
      Last edited by elliot5; 06-21-2016, 06:24 AM.

Comment

I'm having the exact same problem but the execution doesn't display when backdating. I also tried one day after the execution but it didn't work. Are there any other ways to close the simulated position?

Comment

The easiest way to get rid of 'stuck' orders/positions is to reset the simulator.

Please follow the instructions below to reset a simulation account. (This can take longer depending on the size of your database file and your system.)
          • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools> Options> Simulator.
          • Press the 'Reset' button.
          • Note - 'Clear history' box must be left checked when wanting to remove a stuck sim order

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba  
          Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Christopher_R