Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

EnterLongLimit does not execute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the note, I will give that a try. So please explain to me what the example in the documentation do https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...rlonglimit.htm

if the close is above the SMA, it will enter a bid with a limit order to get long. If it is not filled when the bar closes, it will re-evaluate the condition on the next OBU cycle and send a new order if the condition is true again?

Comment

Hello Boonfly8,

With the example in the documentation, once the condition is true the order is placed. Once the submission bar closes, if the condition is still true, the order would remain working and would not be cancelled. The order would not be cancelled and no new order would be sent. If the condition is not true the order would be cancelled automatically. No new order would be sent.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
        Hello Boonfly8,

With the example in the documentation, once the condition is true the order is placed. Once the submission bar closes, if the condition is still true, the order would remain working and would not be cancelled. The order would not be cancelled and no new order would be sent. If the condition is not true the order would be cancelled automatically. No new order would be sent.
        That's perfect! But when I had that in (my first post), nothing executes. I see the symbols (arrows) when the condition is true on the chart but no executions.

Comment

Hello Boonfly8,

I would recommend you debug your script with prints.

Its likely the order is not being filled and is being cancelled after the condition is no longer true.

Print the values of all variables used in the condition that places the entry along with the time, and print the order object from OnOrderUpdate() along with the time.

This will let you know if the order is being cancelled. You can then check the price of the order and see if this is a valid price on a 1 tick chart between the time it was submitted and when it was cancelled.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Waxavi
          by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
          0 responses