Version 8.0.12.0 Stuck verifying license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 8.0.12.0 Stuck verifying license

I updated Ninja Trader this morning. Now after updating, I can get NT to open. It is stuck on the home screen "verifying license".

Is this a common problem, do I need to go back to the old version?

Appreciate your prompt response.
    Last edited by EC_Chris; 02-06-2018, 07:38 AM.
    -EC_Chris-
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Emergent Cybernetics

The licensing servers are currently operational.

Does the issue persist if your restart your PC?

Sometimes firewall/virus protection programs will not recognize that the new version of NinjaTrader you've installed is safe and will ask if you'd like to allow of deny NinjaTrader access to the internet. Do you recall seeing a pop-up when starting NinjaTrader? Sometimes this can appear behind the NinjaTrader startup screen you're referring to. Also, look for anything flashing on your Windows task bar. Give NinjaTrader permission if you see this pop-up.

Comment

Hello

I have the same problem with Ninjatrader being stuck on the splash screen at startup.
      Only "Simulated trading" is checked. And it says "verifying license".
      Sometimes, if I wait really really long (can be 10-15 minutes), it continues with the licensed mode.

When I reboot the PC, the problem seems to be resolved. But then I have to wait for my PC to shutdown and restart.
      If I then close NT after using it, leave my PC running or in sleep mode, and at a later time I startup NT again, it's again stuck and I have to reboot PC again.
      When I leave NT running while closing my laptop, it goes to sleep mode, and when I wake the PC up, NT is still up and running with no problem.

I prefer not to reboot my PC every time I want to start Ninjatrader.
      Any idea what could be the cause?
      I'm using NT8 version 8.0.13.1.
      I have a lifetime license.
      I'm having this problem for quite a while now, so it's not just this version.

Thanks!
      Peter

Comment

First, you're using an older and unsupported version of NinjaTrader 8 (8.0.13.1). Please update to the latest version (8.0.14.2). To upgrade NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below.
        • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        • Enter your license key and press Submit
        • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
        • Select 'Download'
        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

This error most commonly occurs when NinjaTrader is unable to communicate with the servers due to it being blocked by another program, or there is an issue in the path between your computer and the appropriate servers. Please check for software such as (corporate) firewalls, spyware and anti-virus software that could be blocking NinjaTrader. In some cases the modem/router has built-in software that prevents the connection to be established.
        • Restart NinjaTrader
        • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
        • Restart your PC
        • Disable sleep/hibernate mode on your PC
        • Clear your DNS - Open the Command Prompt and run this command: ipconfig /flushdns
        • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
        • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the (My) Documents/NinjaTrader 8 folder.

Comment

Thank you for your quick response.
          I was waiting to answer until I found out what worked for me.

I tried:
          - install of latest version - did not help
          - Restart NT - did not help
          - Restart PC - After PC restart I could start NT once, after that stuck again on next startup
          - Disable sleep/hibernate mode - did not help
          - Use ethernet cable for internet connection - did not help
          - exceptions in firewall/antivirus - not tried

This helped IMMEDIATELY:
          - DNS flush - Open the Command Prompt and run this command: ipconfig /flushdns

Thanks for your help.
          I hope it keeps working now :-)
          I hope others can benefit from this solution as well.
          Grtz Peter

Comment

Ninjatrader 8 keeps crashing

Since yesterday evening Ninjatrader 8 keeps crashing. I see following error in log:

'Ninjatrader has stopped working."

2018-07-28 06:46:47:254|0|4|Unhandled exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Tried reinstall of newest version but did not help. Admins please check. I wanted to run player today to test an indicator.

Comment

Originally posted by teckedge View Post
              Since yesterday evening Ninjatrader 8 keeps crashing. I see following error in log:

'Ninjatrader has stopped working."

2018-07-28 06:46:47:254|0|4|Unhandled exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Tried reinstall of newest version but did not help. Admins please check. I wanted to run player today to test an indicator.

Better start a new thread for that, as it has nothing to do with the matter being discussed here?

Comment

response by patrick

Hello, Patrick i am concerned about your response below

"First, you're using an older and unsupported version of NinjaTrader 8 (8.0.13.1). Please update to the latest version (8.0.14.2). To upgrade NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below. "

This is disconcerting to hear that is not that an old release ; ninja still after years still push out new versions and then patch in the following days - happened in 12 13 and 14 hence 14.2 - and to say is unsupported ? is that the case - please make a clear statement about what is and is not supported - this is cause for concern for users and ninja ecosystem vendors !

This wastes so much time and seems to suit ninja timeline rather than the impact on users.
                This is a real issue and the somewhat clumsy arrogance of ninja to keep pushing out updates -
                Why not slow down the releases do more quality control and thorough testing
                I think you need to put more testing and resource into these releases ; you almost lost alot of credibility with Ninja 8 why play with restoring this to the user community

from a concerned user

Comment

Hello explorer101,

Thank you for your response.

Updates occur as new additions to the software are made and fixes are implemented. We encourage users to update to the latest release to ensure they are working with the latest version of the software.

You can view the details on each release in our Release Notes at the following link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Well, the solution of flushing DNS seemed to help at the time, but doesn't work anymore.
                    So I'm back to where I started..
                    Anybody else had this problem of NT8 being stuck at startup "verifying license"?
                    I can't believe I'm the only one experiencing this..

Originally posted by PeterT View Post
                    Thank you for your quick response.
                    I was waiting to answer until I found out what worked for me.

I tried:
                    - install of latest version - did not help
                    - Restart NT - did not help
                    - Restart PC - After PC restart I could start NT once, after that stuck again on next startup
                    - Disable sleep/hibernate mode - did not help
                    - Use ethernet cable for internet connection - did not help
                    - exceptions in firewall/antivirus - not tried

This helped IMMEDIATELY:
                    - DNS flush - Open the Command Prompt and run this command: ipconfig /flushdns

Thanks for your help.
                    I hope it keeps working now :-)
                    I hope others can benefit from this solution as well.
                    Grtz Peter

Comment

Hello PeterT,

Thank you for your update on this matter.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please list 'ATTN: Patrick H' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of your email.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hello PeterT,

We did not receive your log and trace files.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: PAtrick H' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the email.
                        • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
                        • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to the email.
                        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Hello Patrick, I've sent you an email with my log & trace files.

I noticed the following in the Windows Task Manager, maybe it can be of any help.
                          NinjaTrader.exe process seems to be waiting for another process svchost.exe.
                          And this svchost.exe process was waiting for another process WmiPrvSE.exe, which seemed to be stuck.

The problem seems to be "solved" when restarting the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service with the tool "Services.msc".
                          But the system does not always allow this restart.
                          Rebooting the PC always solves the problem (temporarily).

I mentioned this also in my email, but repeating it here, maybe someone could benefit from it somehow.
                          Thanks for looking into this.

Grtz Peter

Comment

Hello PeterT,

Thank you for your response.

I see in your Logs that the PC was going into a suspended state when the licensing would fail. NinjaTrader is not designed to run when the PC is in a suspended state and suspended state can also restricts several functions including hard drive access and networking. I would recommend turning off any suspension of your PC in your PC settings.

You can find information on these settings at the following link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ernate-your-pc

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Hello Patrick

Thanks for your fast response.
                              I was surprised to hear that you see in the logs that the PC was going into a suspended state when the licensing would fail.
                              As far as I know, all hibernate and sleep modes are turned off in my settings.

Only when I close the laptop it goes to sleep mode.
                              But when NT is running and I close the laptop and the PC goes to sleep mode, NT just resumes without a problem when I wake the PC up from sleep mode.
                              So I'm not sure if that's the problem then?

Do you think closing NT before closing the laptop cover (sleepmode) would solve the problem?
                              Or is it not allowed to use sleep mode at all, regardless of NT running or not?

Thanks for your thoughts on this,

Grtz Peter
                              Last edited by PeterT; 08-13-2018, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jaybedreamin  
                              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DJ888