Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

time labels on x-axis

Hello,

In NT 6.5, the time labels on x-axis and the vertical grid lines on 1min charts are not set to the "round" time, therefore when zooming in and out you would see various time labels such as 10:03, 11:16, 12:23, etc. Wouldn't it be nice to only place vertical time grids and corresponding time labels to those time points such as 10:00, 10:15, 10:30 etc.?
    Also is it possible to label the bar time according to the starting time of the bar instead of the ending time? For example, if I know a news is released at 10:00am, then on all intraday charts, I would only need to find the bar with timestamp 10:00 to see how the market responded to that event. However in current NT, I would have to find the bar with timestamp 10:01 on 1min chart, 10:04 on 5min chart, and 10:14 on 15min chart to check the reaction to the same news. I believe most charting software mark the bar time according to the starting time of each bar instead of the ending time as NT does.

Is it too late for NT to get these two issues fixed in NT7?

- Clearpicks

Hello clearpicks,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately there is not a way to lock a certain interval on the X-Axis at this time within NinjaTrader.

Also there is not an option to change the time stamping to be at the opening of the bar.

I will forward these suggestions to our development team for future considerations.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Any further news on this time issue? I recently decided to give NT a try and am generally impressed, but the way the time axis is displayed is likely a show stopper for me if its not addressed. Like the original post, I look to the time frames as a guide to where the market is in time, reaction to news etc. The way the time currently shows I may as well turn it off. I'm truly baffled in this day and age given the capabilities of computer software and PC's that this issue even exists.

Comment

Originally posted by ojokbusbefs View Post
        Any further news on this time issue? I recently decided to give NT a try and am generally impressed, but the way the time axis is displayed is likely a show stopper for me if its not addressed. Like the original post, I look to the time frames as a guide to where the market is in time, reaction to news etc. The way the time currently shows I may as well turn it off. I'm truly baffled in this day and age given the capabilities of computer software and PC's that this issue even exists.
        Hello ojokbusbefs,

This has been forwarded to our development team unfortunately I do not have any updates available at this time.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It appears this has been addressed in NT7 (beta14). But not by default. You have to set "Equidistant bar spacing" to false in Chart Properties and then the time scale divides / presents at intervals that make sense.

--MC.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post Skifree
          by Skifree

Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
          0 responses