Navigating a chart directly to a specific trade or date/time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navigating a chart directly to a specific trade or date/time

I would like to be able to go to a specific date and time in charts produced in backtesting. For example, a 1 min chart over the last six months. This is very tedious to do with the mouse, especially considering that most of the time you can not even tell what day you are on with a 1 min chart.

Is there a way to enter a date and/or time and go directly to it?

Also, there is a linking function that is supposed to keep multiple charts in synchrony, if I understand it correctly. What would be really nice would be to be able to look at a table of trades and have that table linked to the chart so that when I select a row of the table, the chart moves so the time of that trade is near the right hand side of the chart.

Is there a way to do this?

Hello,

Thanks for the forum pst.

On your first question the only way to do this would be to right click on the chart and select Data Series then change the last date to the day you want to view so the front of the chart is at the day you want to view.

Secondarily on your second question what you can do is right click on the chart and select Chart... This will bring up the chart to the time and date that the trade occurred.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Brett:

Thanks, that is very helpful.

Comment

I was looking for an answer for the same question that "rm81" had.

I tried the suggested solutions but it did not really help. I encountered the following difficulties:

1. While backtesting I am using the Chart-Tab to see the chart, indicators and trades. - I cannot open "Data Series..." in the context menu and therefore I am not able to go to a specific date.

2. When I open a chart by clicking on "Chart..." in the "Trades-List" as suggested, I get a new chart at the date and time of the trade. Unfortunately, the new chart window does not display the indicators that the strategy uses. (Like the Chart-Tab in the backtesting window.)

My suggestion would be:

- When double clicking on a trade in the trades list while backtesting, show the Chart-tab and scroll to the trade's date and time.

- Have a keyboard shortcut to scroll to the previous or next buy or sell signal within the Chart-tab of the backtesting window.

Basically I am looking for a way to quickly review the strategies' trades in the chart with all indicators included. The Chart-tab in the backtesting window is more or less what I am looking for, but when backtesting a strategy with few trades on a minute chart it is difficult to navigate to the individual trades.

Maybe something like this is already implemented and I did not find it?

Comment

Hello schlaup,

Please note that you can scroll the chart in the Chart-tab to the locations you like to view each trade. You should see a scroll bar at the bottom and you can click and drag the canvas of the chart as well to navigate horizontally. Please see the link below for more information to navigate our charts.

If this does not satisfy your needs, please let us know and we will forward your suggestions.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have exactly the same problem. I am using 3 TIME FRAMES, want to make backtest of my Automate trading system and make screens of every entry. I am looking for feature which i say, "take me to 3.5.2012 time 10:10" and on all linked time frames I have situation which was at that time.. is that possible?

Comment

I have forwarded this to our development team as a suggestion on how we can improve the NinjaTrader platform. Once this suggestion has been input into our tracking system I will forward you the assigned ID number for tracking.
              Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I wanna suggest you the Metatrader solution at this problem.
                a simple double click on x axis to open a box to insert a date or better a simple box under title windows near other options buttons to insert a date to go to.

Comment

This request has been submitted to our development team and has been assigned ID #2170 for tracking.

Thanks again for your suggestion and please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
                  Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Peperlizio View Post
                    I wanna suggest you the Metatrader solution at this problem.
                    a simple double click on x axis to open a box to insert a date or better a simple box under title windows near other options buttons to insert a date to go to.
                    +1 for Peperlizio's suggestion - it would be great to be able to enter a date time I want a chart to scroll to.

Comment

Jozef_aka_JB, thanks your vote is now added as well into this item's trackings.
                      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

was the dev of "go to date " ever completed ?

Comment

Hello neilcharlton,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

This has not been implemented into NinjaTrader. I will forward your request to development for this item.

Comment

Hello,

Are there any news with this requested feature in Ninjatrader 7? Will it be implemented in Ninjatrader 8?

Comment

Hello bad2010,

Thanks for your post.

This has not been implemented at this time, however it is being taken into consideration.
                              Additionally I would like to include a link to the NinjaTrader 8 Major Enhancements below for information on the some of the big enhancements made with NinjaTrader 8.
                              BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes