Renko Bars and Strategy Builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renko Bars and Strategy Builder

Say I have a strategy I built using the builder and it uses time based data ie. 15m, for the entry condition.

Now, for the exit condition, I want to exit my long when a Renko Bar turns "confirmed" Red and that bar closes... am I able to do that with NT8?

Thanks

Hello TicksBandit,

Thanks for your post.

Yes, it is possible in NinjaTrader however you would not be able to accomplish this in the strategy builder as Renko bars are not an available data series in the strategy builder.

You can accomplish this by coding in Ninjascript. You may want to create your strategy as much as possible within the strategy builder and then unlock the strategy builder code. This will allow you to then directly edit the C#/Ninjascript code where you can add the Renko bars and adjust your code for all the correct references.

When you add another data series (of the same instrument) to your code, you are creating a multi-time frame script. In doing so it changes how the references are made so it would be imperative for you to review the helpguide section to understand the MTF considerations for scripts: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nstruments.htm
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
    172 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post sidlercom80  
    Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes