Live trading won't connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live trading won't connect

For some reason, I am unable to log onto NinjaTrader in "live" mode. Upon launching NT, I get an error message that tells me that NinjaTrader "is having problems connecting to its license servers." I have de-activated by firewall protection (although that was never a problem before) and confirmed that my interent service provider is functioning normally. I have also tried, repeatedly, to log on over the last hour.

And, yes, my license is up-to-date.

Anyone else having this trouble tonight?

I just checked and both our servers (different hosters) are up and running fine. If you are still getting this message and you have no AV software running or no other applications or hardware blocking an application from reaching ninjatrader.com then likely its a temporary ISP issue where your service can't find a path to our servers. If you still have this problem in the morning, let us know.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,
      I'm having a problem similar but not identical to that of tortoise. I also am a paid in full subscriber to NT with Zenfire as the DSP. When I boot up NT the chart screens are slow to come up and a check of the Task Manager, shows I am sucking on 70% CPU and it's 10:18 PM PST on Sunday night. This seems crazy since I have a dual core CPU with a large hard drive and 4 gigs of RAM. Then when I try to go live, the screens either don't update properly or alternate between 'running' and 'not responding'. A shutdown and reboot does nothing. This appeared to start after the most recent NT upgrade (which fixed the Zenfire 'daily H/L' problem - thank you) but I don't know if this is coincidental. Any help would be appreciated.

lj

BTW my 'chart load' is pretty minimal with 1 YM chart and 4 ES charts.

Comment

Please see the email I sent you to check for other software that could be blocking the connection.

All is fine on our end.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Please see the email I sent you to check for other software that could be blocking the connection.

All is fine on our end.
          PM'd NT_Jason about 1 1/2 hours ago re failure to receive his e-mail with a list of possible software conflicts to explain the problem I am having (see opening post in this thread). He's in Amsterdam so maybe he's eating or sleeping or something. The problem continues now during RTH and I am unable to do anything. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA

lj

Comment

FWIW, I notice that cassb over on the 'Miscellaneous Support' thread is also having NT+Zenfire problems http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ad.php?t=11474. As I read his post, I deduce (hopefully not adduce) that he relates these problems to the recent NT update (... .7). I mentioned earlier, this thought also crossed my mind. It sux to have to do an uninstall (... .7)-reinstall (.... .6) but it looks like that's where I'm headed.

lj

Comment

Uninstall/reinstall fixed the problem.

lj

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB