Nt8 lagging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tasuki View Post
    Everybody, please re-read AndyM's post from 9/18. Does his advice work on your computers?
    Tasuki
    It does not.

Comment

This was the post.

Comment

Just tried the same as in the video from RandomTask. On my screen the lag is very little, see video under https://photos.app.goo.gl/DBJd988Yc85fMuW72

The video is from a chart in full screen-mode on a 30"-monitor with 2560 x 1600 on a GeForce GTX 1070- I can't make the chart any bigger, and everything is pretty fluent and not affecting me at all. (please excuse poor video-quality, this seems to be an issue when grabbing at full resolution and uploading then to free google store)
        Last edited by RonnyKeller; 10-04-2017, 03:40 PM.

Comment

RK: nice. I've never come close to that speed. 780TI desktop and quadro mobiles 2000 and 3100 on laptops.

Comment

I remember a similar performance problem in earlier NT8-versions, but then was the cross hair cursor lagging like hell. Resolution then was not to have a cross hair in dotted or dashed style anymore, but only "solid". I can't reproduce it at the same level anymore, but dotted or dashed cursor still feels a tiny little bit slower. You may want to check whether this or something similar might help with your issue?

Additionally, I found now the performance of the orders-moving up and down indeed varying, but not by the chart size (or resolution) but by the amount of bars shown on the chart. See second video, under the same link https://photos.app.goo.gl/DBJd988Yc85fMuW72. At certain moments in this video the cross hair does not even move anymore with the mouse movement while the order line still does.

I would suggest to try the following to narrow the reason of the issue:
            - compare with or without cross hair. any difference when only using the simple arrow-cursor?
            - compare having more and fewer bars on the chart - how does it affect the moving-performance?
            - try to reduce dashed and dotted styles as much as possible

I understand, that all this is expected to work flawless, of course. Just trying to hint for possible workarounds.

Comment

I have three monitors each with their own display card: One NVIDIA NVS 810, and Two AMD Radeon 67XX series cards. I’m not sure if that makes any difference but thought I would post the info here. I’ve tried to change the card settings to improve performance but have not hit on anything that works.

Comment

Another day, another "NT8 lags" thread. I stopped using this platform because of crosshair lag and general sluggishness. Just checking in to say I'd still be a paying customer if they fixed this.

Comment

Same issue found a low cost fix

Hi All,

I was having the same issue. I was running 16GB of RAM and decided to add another 16. It appears the additional RAM has resolved the issue of the lagging cursor, was driving be f****** bonkers. I am using tick data 50,150,500,5000, a 20 ma and 200 ma, so I don't think it could be my indicator usage . I don't believe Ninja should be bogging down my system like this, but it did. Glad I bought the extra ram. Don't really want to learn a new platform. Here are my system specs. It's an older box, 4-5 years or so. I hope this helps

Intel I7 3770k 4 core 8 thread
                  32GB Ram
                  Video Cards:
                  AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
                  NVIDIA GeForce GT 710

Thanks,

pthomas

Comment

A New Clue

Perhaps it is my imagination but it seems like having grid lines showing on the chart have an effect. If I disable my grid lines the cursor appears to move more fluidly. With the grid lines showing the cursor movement becomes jerky. It seems like as you scale out and show more grid lines the cursor movement gets worse and even stops at times. Hope this helps the devs find the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by pthomas View Post
                      Hi All,

I was having the same issue. I was running 16GB of RAM and decided to add another 16. It appears the additional RAM has resolved the issue of the lagging cursor, was driving be f****** bonkers. I am using tick data 50,150,500,5000, a 20 ma and 200 ma, so I don't think it could be my indicator usage . I don't believe Ninja should be bogging down my system like this, but it did. Glad I bought the extra ram. Don't really want to learn a new platform. Here are my system specs. It's an older box, 4-5 years or so. I hope this helps

Intel I7 3770k 4 core 8 thread
                      32GB Ram
                      Video Cards:
                      AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
                      NVIDIA GeForce GT 710

Thanks,

pthomas
                      I have 32 gigs of ram and NT8 still lags. You shouldn't need 32 gigs of ram either way. It's not RAM-related.

Comment

One other thing you might want to think about is what programs are running on startup. They could be sucking your memory also if you're streaming any other media. I noticed when I was running you tube music or amazon music and working with ninja it would start acting up too. Turn off the news . With the 16 GB added my memory is now running at 11 percent instead of fluctuating between 20-40 percent.

If all else fails, here a spot for a good computer.
                        http://www.xoticpc.com/g5-shadow.
                        I bought a laptop from these folks for on the road.
                        My sager is awesome http://www.xoticpc.com/custom-gaming...ue&order=price.

Comment

Originally posted by pthomas View Post
                          One other thing you might want to think about is what programs are running on startup. They could be sucking your memory also if you're streaming any other media. I noticed when I was running you tube music or amazon music and working with ninja it would start acting up too. Turn off the news . With the 16 GB added my memory is now running at 11 percent instead of fluctuating between 20-40 percent.

If all else fails, here a spot for a good computer.
                          http://www.xoticpc.com/g5-shadow.
                          I bought a laptop from these folks for on the road.
                          My sager is awesome http://www.xoticpc.com/custom-gaming...ue&order=price.
                          Would you stop with that? NT8 has problems, it has nothing to do with a few programs in the system tray. Nobody should need 32 GB of ram to run some charts. When you make these silly "I uninstalled the youtubes and suddenly NT8 works great" threads it just gives them more reasons to ignore the issues with NT8.

My PC absolutely destroys your laptop and NT8 still lagged on it.

Comment

Just wondering - did you notice quite some difference, too, when turning off crosshair-cursor, as mentioned in a previous post? And did you also see a (big) difference on the speed depending on how many bars you show on the chart, as I do (s. prior post)?

Comment

Originally posted by jcrza View Post
                              I have 32 gigs of ram and NT8 still lags. You shouldn't need 32 gigs of ram either way. It's not RAM-related.
                              jcrza et al,
                              OK, if it's not RAM-related, then what IS causing the lag? RAM issues seemed like a logical answer, but if you (or anyone else) have a better idea, please let us know!
                              Thanks,
                              Tasuki
                              p.s. by the way, the majority of my lagging is in the SuperDOM. The charts don't seem to lag much, but the SuperDOM lags horribly. Does anyone else have a similar problem?
                              Last edited by Tasuki; 10-26-2017, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tasuki View Post
                                jcrza et al,
                                OK, if it's not RAM-related, then what IS causing the lag? RAM issues seemed like a logical answer, but if you (or anyone else) have a better idea, please let us know!
                                Thanks,
                                Tasuki
                                p.s. by the way, the majority of my lagging is in the SuperDOM. The charts don't seem to lag much, but the SuperDOM lags horribly. Does anyone else have a similar problem?
                                My experience is the opposite. The Super DOM has no lag and the charts are the problem.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Irukandji  
                                Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post adeelshahzad