Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Load historical Data via IB in NT8

I have the same issue in NT8.

I connected my IB account to NinjaTrader 8. In NT I have European stocks configured. For example: Heineken (traded on AEB, symbol HEIA in TWS).

In IB I`m subscribed to the following data bundle:Euronext Basic Bundle. In TWS I can see live data for Heineken. I can also load a chart with multiple years of historical data in TWS.

In Ninjatrader I can give the order to trade Heineken, this works fine. I can also see the Live Price data (coming in via IB).

Now the issue: When I load a chart with Historical daily bars for Heineken in Ninjatrader I get the following error:

"No Data Permission for AEB, BATEEN, CHIXEN, FWB, IBIS, SWB, TGATE, TRQXEN STK".

This is strange as I can trade the stock and see Live data in NT. So can do all but not load historical data.

Please advice what to do.
    Thanks

Hello majansen,

If you receive realtime data, the instrument must be configured properly in NinjaTrader. I suggest to clarify with Interactive Brokers if historical data is included with your data bundle. Please note that NinjaTrader loads data via the IB API. I believe TWS uses a different source which could clarify why you can load historical data there.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello majansen,

Did you happen to get thisresolved? I have the exact same issue with NT8 + IB, also with AEB stocks

Comment

mstang,

Thank you for posting.

I'm happy to check into this with you if you would please email us at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20171112.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
        Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

HI Can you please post this solution once you figure it out. I would like to use IB as my data feed.

Thanks

Comment

Is there an answer here? I'm going to have to use IB as my data feed because none of the other NinjaTrader data suppliers support the ASX (Australian market)

Comment

This works for me

Hi Folks,

I am able to load AEX data (Dutch Stock Exchange) using the following NT8 settings and connecting to IB for the data feed.

As an example I will use Heineken listed on the AEX stock exchange.

1) Go to Instruments in Ninjatrader 8
              2) Go to Heineken stock, or create it should it not exist yet
              3) Exhanges: only select AEB (Euronext NL stocks), nothing else!
              4) Under SYMBOL MAP, at Interactive Brokers: HEIA||AEB
              HEIA is the symbol for Heineken at IB.

This does require a Euronext data subscription in IB.

That`s it Works for all AEX stocks for me.

Does this also work for you?
              Last edited by majansen; 11-15-2017, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Hey mate, thanks for the response. I ended up removing all stocks from NT and left only the ASX ones - now it works for me

Comment

The historical data works fine but you cannot select a data format or range that is not supported by TWS. For example you cannot select Ticks or Range, this data would only be disaplyed since you opened the chart. If you select 1 minute it will work.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                  Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post BarzTrading