Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy didn't execute, and a (D) by the name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy didn't execute, and a (D) by the name

I moved a strategy over from 6.5 to 7.0, and I ran it today for the first time. It didn't run for some reason, and I noticed there's a (D) by the name of the strategy.

What does the (D) stand for?

Hello,

Thanks for your forum post.

This is something that is new in NinjaTrader 7.

The (D) stands for disabled.

You need to enable it by right clicking on the chart and going to strategies then setting Enabled to true.

You can also enable it in the strategies tab in the control center.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply Brett.

Wow. I know this isn't your fault, but that is a seriously STUPID "feature".

Can you please relay that to your product managers and developers? That "feature" just cost me $1400 this morning because I missed out on a trade, expecting it to fire off.

For someone like me that was used to 6.5 and fine with it, that single, unannounced "feature" is absolutely unnecessary and another unnecessary click I need to go through.

Again, I realize that it's not your fault, but please relay this to whoever is in charge of making further decisions like this. Any types of "new features" that are unannounced to existing users that impede their ability to trade is absolutely useless and stupid.

I'm still outraged that this cost me $1400.

Comment

Hello,

This was a change we made to satisfy customer demand and bring running strategies in the chart more in line with running strategies in the strategies tab and bring more consitency to the NinjaTrader platform.

It is simply different. You will see many things that are slightly changed in NinjaTrader 7. Please make sure you are aquainted with these changes by running strategies on simulation first before going live to make sure everything is working as you expect.

Also, another thing that trips up people from 6.5 is the new session template feature. Please make sure you are aware of this expecially when running strategies.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance while you get accustomed to the new NinjaTrader 7.

Comment

It's not just simply different, it changes the workflow of trade execution for existing customers such as myself. To make such a drastic change without any heads up to existing users is stupid. Again, I know this isn't your fault. I looked at both the migration guide and the code-breaking changes and it makes no mention of this whatsoever. This is precisely the type of behavior that needs to be advertised to users.

Is there a way to enable all my strategies by default, or am I forced to click on "Enabled: True" every single time?

Comment

Hello,

It is expected that when you run your strategies you check the strategies tab in the control center to view there status and in the log tab to verify they are running correctly without error. In the control center you will be able to check what strategies are enabled.

Finally, You can select multiple strategies by holding down CTRL on your keyboard and then right click and select Enable to enable all strategies. This is also a new feature in NinjaTrader 7.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by rdtdale, Today, 01:02 PM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post rdtdale
            by rdtdale

Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
            3 responses