mahToolBar Version 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phoenixt157 View Post
    Hi aligator, I want to download your MahToolbar, but before I do I just wanted to make sure it runs ok in the recent update of NT 8. please advise. The link says mahtoolbar-2 but isn't there a version 3? please send link if possible. Thanks!

https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...-mahtoolbar-2/
    The current indicator is the latest version 4 (mahToolBar4) and works fine with the latest NT 8 version. NinjaTrader, kind of goofed when migrated custom indicators to the new User Apps section and kept the link address as the old indicator version. Later revisions would not changed the link.

If you open the file in Ninja editor, the description of the indicator clearly indicates it is Version 4. There is simply nothing on the market as good and as elegant as this indicator, whether free or for a fee, for a 1-click customized draw on the chart.

Enjoy, Cheers!
    Last edited by aligator; 04-24-2020, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post

The current indicator is the latest version 4 (mahToolBar4) and works fine with the latest NT 8 version. NinjaTrader, kind of goofed when migrated custom indicators to the new User Apps section and kept the link address as the old indicator version. Later revisions would not changed the link.

If you open the file in Ninja editor, the description of the indicator clearly indicates it is Version 4. There is simply nothing on the market as good and as elegant as this indicator, whether free or for a fee, for a 1-click customized draw on the chart.

Enjoy, Cheers!
      aligator,

Thanks very much for your response and work creating this add-on. I am looking forward to saving click time by using it--it really will help I believe.

-phoenixt157

Comment

Hi aligator, I'm sorry to say but I had issues with your mahtoolbar indicator and I had to remove it completely as it was just not working.

1. some of the tools I chose for my tool bar would not work. I'd click the icon to draw a line for example and It wouldn't materialize the pencil indicating the line was ready to be drawn. when I went to click the first anchor point to draw the line it wouldn't do anything, even though I just clicked your toolbar's icon. This happened with several different drawing objects.
        2. The vertical grid lines on my chart dissappeared when I had your indicator active
        3. When I removed your indicator from my chart, the icons stayed at the top of the chart window even though I didn't have your indicator in my active indicators list. I had to quit and re-open NT to not see the toolbar any more.

Let me know if you think you've resolved these issues and I will try it again in the future.

Comment

Hi aligator, I'm sorry to say but I had issues with your mahtoolbar indicator and I had to remove it completely as it was just not working.

Let me know if you think you've resolved these issues and I will try it again in the future.
          Indicator works fine for me and from over 2600 people who have downloaded the indicator you are the only one reporting an issue, there is nothing to resolve.

Sorry to say but the issue is at your end, perhaps due to a corrupt workspace xml file, other interfering corrupt indicators, corrupt NT8 setups, or simply the mouse is not functioning properly (dead battery, dirty wheel, or simply worn out).

Delete your bin<workspaces<_Workspace file and restart your NT8 with a clean default chart with no other indicators applied. Then install the latest mahToolBar and try using the tools with a new mouse or fresh batteries. If that does not work, try a different computer with a fresh installation.

Cheers!

p.s. If you just started using Ninja very recently, NT support is a great resource to help with issues and navigating NT8.
          Last edited by aligator; 04-28-2020, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post

Indicator works fine for me and from over 2600 people who have downloaded the indicator you are the only one reporting an issue, there is nothing to resolve.

Sorry to say but the issue is at your end, perhaps due to a corrupt workspace xml file, other interfering corrupt indicators, corrupt NT8 setups, or simply the mouse is not functioning properly (dead battery, dirty wheel, or simply worn out).

Delete your bin<workspaces<_Workspace file and restart your NT8 with a clean default chart with no other indicators applied. Then install the latest mahToolBar and try using the tools with a new mouse or fresh batteries. If that does not work, try a different computer with a fresh installation.

Cheers!

p.s. If you just started using Ninja very recently, NT support is a great resource to help with issues and navigating NT8.
            Okay I will try what you have recommended. Will deleting the workspace file cause me to lose anything?

Comment

Okay I will try what you have recommended. Will deleting the workspace file cause me to lose anything?
              No. Only your _Workspace file will be deleted and any workspaces that you have created will be fine. When you restart your computer and NT8, a new clean _Workspace xml file will be created. So you will not be lose anything.

Close (not delete) all your open workspaces first then shut down NT*. Say "Yes" when asked if you want to save workspaces. After NT8 shuts down then delete the _Workspace file in File Explorer. Then restart Ninja.

Please note: Start with a new workspace, add one chart then add the mahToolbar. If things work then add another indicator or custom add-on and see if ToolBar works as intended, If it does not, the problem is with your other add-ons. This is how you isolate what is causing you issue. Just start with a clean slate.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by lorem, Yesterday, 09:18 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
              Started by Spiderbird, Today, 12:15 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Spiderbird