Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Dionysus New Year Present – Ninja & Excel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello GeeWee,

Thanks for your notes.

First, you would need to create an Excel file named something like ES.xlsx.

After creating the file, locate the Excel file in the Windows File Explorer window, right-click on the file, select Properties, highlight the Location of the file, right click on the highlighted location and select 'Copy'.

Then, make sure to close the Excel application.

Add the indicator to the chart window, paste the file location in the 'ExcelFile' property, add the name of the file to the end of the file path.

Click OK to add the indicator to the chart window. Allow the indicator to start calculating and you should see the Excel file open automatically.

Here is a demonstration video: https://brandonh-ninjatrader.tinytak...MF8yMjM5MzI2NA
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Brandon

thank you for your instructions.

However, the results are the same. For some reason, excel file isn't open automatically. Any ideas where I might be making a mistake?

Thanks

Comment

Hello GeeWee,

Thanks for your notes.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.?.?.?)​

Please share with us a brief demonstration video showing the steps you are taking so we may accurately assist.

I look forward to assisting further.

Comment

Hi,

my Nt8 version is 8.1.1.7 64-bit

Comment

Hello GeeWee,

Thanks for your notes.

Please share with us a brief demonstration video showing the steps you are taking so we may accurately assist as requested in post # 171.

You could use the free publicly available software TinyTake linked below to create a demonstration video.

TinyTake: https://tinytake.com/

Comment

HI Brandon

here is a link: https://youtu.be/jBQg_VFCbr0

Comment

Hello GeeWee,

Thanks for that information.

Unfortunately, I cannot see if you have the Excel application open or not in the video you shared.

Please follow the exact same steps seen in my demonstration video on post # 169, seen below, and report if the behavior persists.

First, open the Microsoft Excel application.

Create a blank workbook in Microsoft Excel.

Save the file by going to File > Save, and name the file something like ES.xlsx.

After creating the file, locate the Excel file in the Windows File Explorer window, right-click on the file, select Properties, highlight the Location of the file, right-click on the highlighted location, and select 'Copy'.

Then, close the Excel application.

Add the indicator to the chart window, paste the file location in the 'ExcelFile' property, add the name of the file to the end of the file path.

Click OK to add the indicator to the chart window. Allow the indicator to start calculating and you should see the Excel file open automatically.​

Comment

Hi Brandon

sorry for the late reply, I've been trying to follow your instructions to the tee but to no avail.
                  Here is a link to the video where you can see my full screen. Can you please check it out?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Brandon

I've solved my problem. I have Excel 2016, and if anyone has the similar problem, here is what actually happened:

I looked at ninja output window which showed me this mistake: Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass
                    Here is the solution I've found: Open your Control Panel (Start Button on Desktop, then click the Settings gear icon), the select the Apps category and scroll down until you see 'Microsoft 365 Apps'. Click once on Microsoft 365 Apps and then select "Modify". I recommend a "Online Repair"

Here is the link of the page where I found my solution: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/an...crosoft-office

Thanks to Brandon for his part in setting this up.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post wzgy0920  
                    Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post wzgy0920