Collapse

QQE indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think those numbers do mean the period and smoothing factor. While those numbers may seem high for rsi alone, the advantage of QQE is that the ATR catches changes in trend much quicker than waiting for a 50 line crossing so the larger rsi period could help prevent whipsaws.

I have a (imo) much improved version of the QQE, but if I decide to release it, it won't be until after NT7 beta is released.

I probably have around 600 indicators (praying NT7 provides some way to help organize them) and QQE seems to stack up well. A big advantage with NT7 is that QQE will be able to be used with any other indicator as the input, vastly increasing its utility.

Originally posted by tjendra View Post
    Hi EW, on the FF forum, they were using setting of 60/5 or 30/15. On the NT version, does the mean the RSI_Period is 60 or 30 and the SF is 5 of 15? Seems abit weird for such a large number for the RSI_Period.

I am still confused on the 5min timeframe for indicator to be used on 1min timeframe of the currency pair. Since five 1min bar have to close for the indicator to move, how is that different from trading on the 5min timeframe of the currency pair.

The weird thing is on the his chart, he is showing 1min timeframe of the currency pair but the indicator seem to be following the 1min timeframe as well, so why are they saying to set the indicator on the 5min timeframe when you can just set it in the 1min timeframe?

Else how do you use the 5min timeframe indicator to trade the 1min timeframe currency pair since the number of bars would be different?

Comment

Originally posted by Elliott Wave View Post

I REALLY wish there was some type of MQL to NinjaScript tutorial. MQL is a C++ variant and is quite close to C#
      The only similarity between C++ and C# is the C

Comment

Originally posted by yuvalw View Post
        The only similarity between C++ and C# is the C
        Perhaps, but what I said was MQL is very close to C#.

The new language for MetaTrader 5 is supposed to be much closer to C++ so it might be harder to convert new MQL indicators to NinjaScript, but its too early to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliott Wave View Post
          Perhaps, but what I said was MQL is very close to C#.

The new language for MetaTrader 5 is supposed to be much closer to C++ so it might be harder to convert new MQL indicators to NinjaScript, but its too early to tell.
          The syntax is never the issue in converting indicators, it doesn't matter if it is c++ c# java fortran whatever, they all have loops/conditions etx, the problem is the way different softwares (Meta, Ninja TradeStation) handles data and gives it to you.

Comment

The syntax is never the issue in converting indicators, it doesn't matter if it is c++ c# java fortran whatever, they all have loops/conditions etx, the problem is the way different softwares (Meta, Ninja TradeStation) handles data and gives it to you.
            MQL indicators are very easy to convert to c# in most cases. The only thing that is confusing is the array indexing.

This is because in MQL4 an array can be either a normal array or an 'indicator buffer' and they are both declared as a standard array.

ie if you have this:

double array0[];
            double array1[];

int init() {
            IndicatorBuffers(1);
            SetIndexBuffer(0, array1);
            }

then array0 is a normal array, ie forward indexed, array0[0] is the oldest value

however because array1 is set as a buffer MT4 performs some behind the scenes changes to make it behave like NT dataSeries, ie reverse indexed, array1[0] is the most recent value

that confused the heck out of me when I first started converting MT4 indicators.

TS, MetaStock, AmiBroker, etc are much more difficult to convert but MT4 has arguably the best collection of indicators anyways so its not much of a loss.

Comment

Hmmm, I find TS the easiest to convert... In MT I cant understand that thing of CountedBars in the start method, instead of going bar by bar looks like it goes in random way...

Comment

CountedBars keeps track of how many bars the indicator has processed, so it is essentially the same thing as CurrentBar in NT =)

I am going to make another thread including an example of an MT4 indicator and its NT conversion so we don't take this thread any further off topic

Hmmm, I find TS the easiest to convert... In MT I cant understand that thing of CountedBars in the start method, instead of going bar by bar looks like it goes in random way...

Comment

Often I've found 'CountedBars' can be ignored when converting MQL to NT.

I think a basic MQL to NinjaScript tutorial/example is long over due and I can't think of a better person to write it than sefstrat.

For the most part, the differences between MQL and NS are small and if there was a rudimentary tutorial/discussion on those main differences it could open the floodgates for users (without advanced programming knowledge) to start migrating the literally thousands of MetaTrader indicators to NinjaTrader. An example (slightly on topic), when I converted the RSX to NinjaTrader, I don't think I had to change a single line! I might have had to remove a few lines (the CountedBars loop for example) and play with the properties, but that was it. It actually gave me the confidence to attempt to convert more indicators.

While I wouldn't pretend to be 1/100th the coder sefstrat is, what works best for me when converting MetaTrader indicators is to simply copy and paste the MQL into NT and work from there. Furthermore, I find it can really help to use as indicator with a similar structure and scale as a template.

Perhaps the most valuable learning tip I can provide is look at past threads where people have posted MetaTrader indicators for conversion and compare it to the NinjaTrader version. Look at enough of those and you can certainly learn enough to get started.

------
                  On topic, I first learned of QQE from another trader when I was working for a trust company as a currency trader, and after everything I've tried I still think its incredible useful. An easy way to think of it is as a smoothed RSI SuperTrend. My version optionally uses the RSX, and also includes a third, non-smoothed RSI line, but as NinjaTrader broke their promise, I'll keep mine and not contribute any more code to this forum until NT7 beta is released...

Originally posted by sefstrat View Post
                  CountedBars keeps track of how many bars the indicator has processed, so it is essentially the same thing as CurrentBar in NT =)

I am going to make another thread including an example of an MT4 indicator and its NT conversion so we don't take this thread any further off topic
                  Last edited by Elliott Wave; 06-24-2009, 12:17 AM.

Comment

QQE Indicator

EW,

That's exactly what I'm trying to do. To add the RSX. But so far I have no success. Can you help me to add this option please.

Comment

MT4 QQE vs NT QQE

I would like to use the MT4 version of QQE on my NT charts. The MT4 has an extra setting in the QQE called WP. Has anyone converted the MT4 QQE to NT or have a QQE that is improved over the standard QQE in NT?

Thank you

Mark

Comment

Here a modified version for NT7 easier to read with a bars indicating long and short trends.
                        ref: https://www.tradingview.com/script/a...stimation-QQE/
                        Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post love2code2trade  
                        Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes