The Force Indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Force Indicators

TheForce indicators are based on a setup that is used on Forex. http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=120606 is a thread
    that specifically covers the use of this method of trading. I suggest you direct all your questions about trading TheForce method to the
    people who actually trade it. However, any issues with this indicator should be posted in this NT thread.

TheForce consists of 4 indicators and a template. Import the indicators from TheForce.zip file as normal. Unzip TheForceTemplate.zip and then copy TheForce.XML template file to
    "C:\Documents and Settings\<your folder>\My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\templates\Chart".

Description of the 4 indicators:
    TheForce indicator contains the rules to generate the signals.
    TheForceEMA plots 2 custom colored 5 period EMAs on the price panel.
    TheForceStochastics plots custom colored and configured Stochastic indicator.
    TheForceMACD plots a custom colored and configured MACD.

All indicator parameters are set to the default settings as outlined in the thread mentioned above. I could've added the capability for the
    colors to be set via parameters but just didn't feel motivated to do so.

Advanced Buy Signal
    a) Stochastic < 80
    b) The MACD closes higher than the MACD on the previous bar
    c) Close > open
    d) The cyan colored ema > the magenta ema

Advanced Sell Signal
    a) Stochastic > 20
    b) The MACD closes lower than the MACD on the previous bar
    c) Close < open
    d) The cyan colored ema < magenta ema

By the way, you don't have to load TheForce indicator as it's only function is to tell you when all the rules are met by displaying a green
    or red triangle. Further, if you do use TheForce indicator to display the signals, the parameter settings must be the same as the other
    3 indicators otherwise the signals won't match what the indicators are telling you. I only mention this for those of you who experiment
    with the parameters.

Editorial comment: TheForce indicator plots a signal on EVERY bar where the rules are met. Therefore, there are more signals than is
    advisable to take. Use your own filters to determine the validity of the signal. For those of you who will examine the code, you will find a
    number of lines that I commented for one reason or another. I'm leaving that code in there in case it proves to be useful in the future.

Good Luck, Mike Winfrey
    Attached Files

Very generous of you Winfrey!

Originally posted by Mike Winfrey View Post
    TheForce indicators are based on a setup that is used on Forex. http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=120606 is a thread
    that specifically covers the use of this method of trading. I suggest you direct all your questions about trading TheForce method to the
    people who actually trade it. However, any issues with this indicator should be posted in this NT thread.

TheForce consists of 4 indicators and a template. Import the indicators from TheForce.zip file as normal. Unzip TheForceTemplate.zip and then copy TheForce.XML template file to
    "C:\Documents and Settings\<your folder>\My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\templates\Chart".

Description of the 4 indicators:
    TheForce indicator contains the rules to generate the signals.
    TheForceEMA plots 2 custom colored 5 period EMAs on the price panel.
    TheForceStochastics plots custom colored and configured Stochastic indicator.
    TheForceMACD plots a custom colored and configured MACD.

All indicator parameters are set to the default settings as outlined in the thread mentioned above. I could've added the capability for the
    colors to be set via parameters but just didn't feel motivated to do so.

Advanced Buy Signal
    a) Stochastic < 80
    b) The MACD closes higher than the MACD on the previous bar
    c) Close > open
    d) The cyan colored ema > the magenta ema

Advanced Sell Signal
    a) Stochastic > 20
    b) The MACD closes lower than the MACD on the previous bar
    c) Close < open
    d) The cyan colored ema < magenta ema

By the way, you don't have to load TheForce indicator as it's only function is to tell you when all the rules are met by displaying a green
    or red triangle. Further, if you do use TheForce indicator to display the signals, the parameter settings must be the same as the other
    3 indicators otherwise the signals won't match what the indicators are telling you. I only mention this for those of you who experiment
    with the parameters.

Editorial comment: TheForce indicator plots a signal on EVERY bar where the rules are met. Therefore, there are more signals than is
    advisable to take. Use your own filters to determine the validity of the signal. For those of you who will examine the code, you will find a
    number of lines that I commented for one reason or another. I'm leaving that code in there in case it proves to be useful in the future.

Good Luck, Mike Winfrey

Comment

Excellent work, thank-you, Mike.

Comment

Thanks Mike!!

Comment

Thanks for posting this Mike!
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Very nice Mike.

Comment

Thank you Mike!

Comment

You're welcome...i hope someone makes a ton of money using them and shares some of that with me.

Mike

Comment

Version for NT 7

HI GUys

this is very intersting. Has anyone seen the version of the Force indicator for Ninja 7?

cheers Jazzy

Comment

I'd love to test this indicator out but I can't seem to get it to import into NT7.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

The indicator is not NT7 compatible. Unfortunately the original author would have to be the one to make it NT7 compatible. If you guys want to try your own hand at making it compatible you could see the information outlined in the "To resolve, please follow these steps: " section http://www.ninjatrader.com/migration-guide-v7.php
                      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Converted to NT version 7

I spent about 20-minutes converting the four indicators to run in NT7. The only indicator that needed conversion work was TheForce.cs. The other 3 indicators did not require any modification.

The attached zip file contain the 4 indicators and should be import friendly for NT7. The thumbnail shows the 4 indicators on a chart.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much!

Going to give it a try now.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post algospoke