SCREEN FREEZE and PROBLEM INDICATOR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCREEN FREEZE and PROBLEM INDICATOR

I have been having "screen freeze" over the last couple of weeks.....and it is becoming a real problem !

I have done a completely clean install of NT6.5 initially thinking that the problem was there.

However after reinstalling my indicators, it appears not to be the case.
    I again had "screen freeze".

After a process of elimination (uninstalling and reinstalling all my indicators) I have narrowed the problem down to a "S/R Reversible" indicator that I use.

I downloaded that from NT forum http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=26085
    so assumed it was "good to go".

Can anyone help with this issue
    Attached Files

booboo, we would recommend to contact the original developer of the code in the thread you cited as source of the file.

Good luck,
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I thought of that, but his last activity was back in July 2010, having joined in Feb 2010.
      Not sure he is around these days. So a bit stuck there.

I was wondering, if no one can figure out the script and re post it for the benefit of the group, if there was another indicator that does "the same thing" that can be recommended ?

Comment

If you check into our sharing section, there are 2 more dynamic S/R studies shared you could for example look into using - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...istance&desc=1

For the indicator you worked with - have you thought about giving it a try on the higher performing NT7 platform we also have available?

Comment

Hi there.

For my specific feed and market, NT6.5 works much better at this time than NT7.
          So it is better I remain with NT6.5

I have looked at the other 2 Dynamic S/R's previously (one is NT7 so thats out !)
          And the other didn't work as well as the other S/R that I found.

I use the S/R set at two differing parameters and with the other S/R shown there, the data displayed becomes too confusing.

My problem is, that chaps S/R worked extremely well....and was extremely clear when I had altered the parameters

...apart from the fact that it causes "screen freeze" ! Which is a huge problem !

Now if I could alter the "confusing" S/R to perform as the "screen freezing" S/R, I would be more than happy.....but then that brings me back to the "same" problem as before....
          ...that being filtering through the code to work out what I need to alter !

I guess life is never easy !

Scratching my head here to work out what to do next.

Comment

If the community would not take it up as a project and you don't wish to get start familiarizing yourself with the code, then you could always contact a certified NinjaScript consultant to investigate closer for you - http://www.ninjatrader.com/partners#...pt-Consultants

Comment

As a footnote.

Is there a way of "removing" the vertical lines from that Dynamic S/R so that it plots only the horizontal lines.

I think that maybe a "code" issue, rather than a "parameter" altering issue.

That then maybe a way forward.

Comment

You could look into setting the PlotStyle for the Dynamic S/R lines to be a hash instead of the Line.

Comment

No, it doesn't work with the S/R Dynamic indicator.
                  The plots aren't really true S/R. It just "following" the price, so to speak

I'll have to try and find the developer of the original indicator or failing that try to find someone that can look at the code in NT indicators .....and who may possibly want to use this S/R.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post trilliantrader  
                  Started by Davidtowleii, Today, 12:15 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Davidtowleii