Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Executions Stop showing on Chart when strategy is in place

Hello Guys,

I setup a strategy to monitor divergence between Delta and prices (price closes up up delta is negative and vice versa) but when the strategy is on the chart, my trades (SIM and LIVE) are not being plotted on the chart, even with "Plot Executions" set as MarkersOnly. Any ideas how I can fix that?

Thank you.

Hello,

Does it display your historical executions, or is it not showing any markers for any trades at all?

Do these executions appear as soon as you turn off the strategy? Do they appear from a new chart without the executions?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

While the strategy is on it does not show any markers for any trades at all both current and historical. As soon as I remove the strategy, the markers plot normally, both current and historical.

Thanks,

Nick

Comment

Hello,

Are you using ATM Strategy methods for your executions? Or are you using Managed orders?

As a test, can you enable the SampleMACrossOvers strategy on this same chart and see if these executions are displayed.

Comment

When I add the SampleSMACrossOver strategy (by it self - no other strategy in place), the markers also disappear. I am using a ATM Strategy - 1 contract 8 tick stop and target.
          Sounds like we might be getting somewhere
          I'll try again restarting the software to see if its a bug.
          Thank you again.

Comment

Nick,

If restarting does not have an effect, can you please email your current workspace file so I can test further?

To save a copy of your workspace, please go to File--> Workspace--> Save "Workspace As..." and

Save this workspace with the name "Support".

You will find your workspace under (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces\Support.xml

Please attach this workspace XML document to an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and a reference to this thread and I can look into this further.

Comment

I have just now emailed the workspace to support. please let me know if you have any questions. When I restarted NT7 it did not solve the problem.
              Thanks
              Nick

Comment

Thanks Nick - I have received and will test ASAP.

Comment

Hello,

When enabling the SampleMACrossOvers strategy, I do see the the historical strategy executions on the chart.

Can you please confirm you do not see the same as the attached on your end?

Please note that when a strategy is enabled, it will only show executions from that particular strategy and the account it is running from. Any manually placed trades, or executions from another strategy/account will not displayed.

You should see that particular strategies executions on the chart as I have attached.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Aha! Yes the trades I am speaking about are manually placed trades and not the trades of the strategy. See, I want to have a strategy in place but also at the same time take other trades as well and be able to see what's going on with them. Does it make sense? Otherwise it is hard to know what's going on when I print out the charts. Anyway we can be able to see the manually placed trades as well?

Thank you.
                    Nick

Comment

Hello Nick,

It is not currently possible to prevent confusion between manual order and strategy orders.

If you would like to see both at the same time, you would need to open a separate chart, one for manual orders and the other for the strategy.

Comment

I'll try using a couple charts to get around this issue. Is it possible as an alternative to make this int an indicator instead so that it would not cause this problem? So using the condition on my strategy to draw arrow up when delta is down but price is up an indicator instead?
                        Maybe this would be a solution.

thanks
                        Nick

Comment

Nick,

I'm not sure I'm follow your workaround. Do you intend to dynamically switch between the indicator class and strategy class..?

Which "int" would you like used as an indicator?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                          7 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                          Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
                          1 response
                          0 likes