Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dom ATM order management

Hello,

I've been getting myself in a twizzle a few times today in fast moving pricing, trying something new!

I was submitting orders via the DOM, for multiple lots. Scaling in, changing quantities, and scaling out. That's all fine, but what I was finding is that, say I had one contract left, I clicked on the dom at the bid (there was still a profit target live below), got filled, and the DOM ATM entered a new stop and profit take order, which the price immediately bounces and hit, resulting in a reversing of the exit I just made! This happened to me twice. It's was fast, so I don't really know why it did it, though I think I have seen this before.

I'm sure I have something set wrong, but in checking the DOM settings and the docs, as far as I could understand, 'Select active ATM strategy on order submission' is what I want? Basically, if I have a trailer left and click in a new order to reduce qty to zero, I don't want NT placing new stop/profit targets on it's execution. I realise I can set the ATM to 'none' and this does avoid this, but sometimes, it all happens very quickly and I don;t think this is supposed to happen anyway?

I hope you get the idea and can point me in the right direction to review my settings / avoid this in future.

Thanks.

I believe the settings are correct to accomplish what you want (scale in/out of the active ATM), but what is sounds like you're describing is potentially occurring for the following reasons:
    • The ATM control list has a template selected, not the active strategy
    • The active ATM fills just prior to you placing the scale in/scale out order

To investigate what occurred in your case more accurately, I'll need your log and trace files. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
    • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
    • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
    • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1954445 ATTN Patrick G

Comment

Done. Thank you. I am sure it is just a matter of settings, but hard to replicate and unsure how it should be set.

The orders in question btw were NQ ones, about an hour ago.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by gravdigaz6, Today, 11:40 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
      Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred