Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Want to develop an add-on to consume a REST API

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to develop an add-on to consume a REST API

Hi,

I would like to develop my own data adapter to consume a third-party REST API.

Here is an example of such a third-party data adapter -- https://ninjatools.studio/bitfinex-n...r-bitcoin-demo

However, I have found the above adapter to be very buggy and crashes NT8. I am not interested in the External/DLL approach because I want to utilize the historical data functionality of the API which I intend to consume.

How can I develop a data adapter for NT8 which I can import and use to consume a REST API?

Hello MattR,

Thank you for your post.

We do not have an API development kit or support for such an item available. The only option we can provide is the External/DLL approach as you detailed.

DLL interface Help Guide documentation: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._interface.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi PatrickH,

I understand that it is not officially supported to add a connection adapter, however obviously the functionalities exists. I began looking at the NT API but upon decompiling the connection adapter DLLs, I realized much to my dismay that the code is obfuscated. I do not understand why you have obfuscated the code for such connection adapters as the Google finance API. I cannot imagine that there is any licensed nor proprietary code within that library.

I am not requesting support. However, having source code access to a functioning example such as the Google Finance connection adapter would be immensely helpful and save considerable time in my endeavor. I would be greatly appreciative of the gesture.

I will write the connection adapter I desire with or without your assistance, but it would be most excellent to have the basic assistance of a functional model instead of stabbing in the dark to understand the undocumented API.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
        Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        Hello again, PatrickH,

Yes, you can be of further assistance.

Kindly provide me with unobfuscated example code utilizing the IProvider API and/or documentation and/or information about how I may be permitted to access documentation for that interface.

Comment

Hello MattR,

Thank you for your response.

We would not provide the internal source code for any of the APIs supported in NinjaTrader.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Comment

MattR -> did you find out how to consume a REST API? There must be way since they have already done it. I am struggling also on none or very poor NT classes documentation.

Comment

Hello , was this eventually resolved?

Comment

Hello kujista and TosinCodes,

Creating a custom connection adapter is outside of the realm of NinjaScript Engineering Support, however you may (may not) be able to get some information by privately emailing the NinjaTrader Ecosystem team (info [at] ninjatraderecosystem [dot] com) about the Open Connect program.

TosinCodes, welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!
                Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by MattR View Post
                  Hi,

I would like to develop my own data adapter to consume a third-party REST API.

Here is an example of such a third-party data adapter -- https://ninjatools.studio/bitfinex-n...r-bitcoin-demo

However, I have found the above adapter to be very buggy and crashes NT8. I am not interested in the External/DLL approach because I want to utilize the historical data functionality of the API which I intend to consume.

How can I develop a data adapter for NT8 which I can import and use to consume a REST API?
                  How bro did you ever find a solution to this? I was getting ready to create my own API, since the addons use C#. I'd think it'd be doable to open a socket & have it translate commands & return them to your external app. Since NinjaTrader.Client.dll is extremely limited. I would've though this would've been invented many years ago, but if I still can't find one I guess I'll have to build it myself. I appreciate any information you have to offfer! I just don't want to reinvent the wheel u know!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NRITV
                  by NRITV

Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                  7 responses
                  0 likes