TOP DOG TRADING Custom Indicators after NT v15 update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TOP DOG TRADING Custom Indicators after NT v15 update

Has anyone who has the Top Dog Trading Custom Indicators on their charts had the colours of the Price and Momentum Wave counts all default to white colour after the recent NT update?

If so, how did you resolve it and get the red and green colour back?

I have tried to consult the vendor but have had no reply back, so just trying to reach out on here if anyone has or has had the same issue.

Thank you

Hello dmackay41,

Thank you for your post. I suggest first verifying via the right click > Indicator settings if the colors can be reverted.

If these are not working as expected, try re-moving and readding the addon. To remove, go to New > NinjaScript Editor > locate the addon type via the right list and right click and select Remove.

To re-add, go to Tools > Import > NinjaScript Addon...

If you still see the same with the new installation, then likely the issue will need to be resolved by the vendor. We also welcome other users to comment here as well to see if they experienced similar issues. Feel free also to contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with a description of the issue, often our teams are able to assist with reaching approved vendors in cases of this nature.

If needed, see the below section of our help guide for more on using and troubleshooting third-party add-ons.

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ty_add-ons.htm

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Eric.

Right clicking Indicators and trying to sort it out, did nothing.

I entered NinjaScript Editor but there was no TDT Indicators listed there.

As stated, the issue must be with the vendor as I recall that these Custom Indicators were activated remotely by the vendor via my Machine ID which he requested be sent for activation.

Comment

Hi,

I am still having problems with the Custom Indicators. The vendor has sent new files and suggested that a complete uninstall and re-install of NT8 be done. Can you send a link on how to do a complete uninstall and re-install please...

I have a paid licence for NT ....will the machine ID change, or is it linked to the licence...I need to know this as the custom indicators are linked to the machine ID.

Thanks
        Last edited by dmackay41; 08-12-2018, 04:01 AM.

Comment

I have updated this query in a separate email to support and cross referred it to this post....(1953164)

Late Friday past, I followed the steps outlined in your last email......Repair DB etc.....I did this to both platforms on both my machines, ie my PC and laptop as the reported issue affected both, hence your resolution as above.

I do not know the effect these steps will have until I place trades on Monday 13th.

The OTHER issue which was affecting me was a per post https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...d.php?t=111563

where the Top Dog Custom Indicators on my PC had a color issue whereby 2 of the indicators were showing white, when they should be showing green or red. I had previously reported this issue to Support and was issued with some steps to take which did not work. If they did not work, support said the issue was with the vendor. I consulted the vendor and they said it was possibly a hardware issue with my PC...which I thought...OK.

Because I could not have the correct colors for these indicators on the NT platform on my PC, I setup the other NT platform on my laptop and imported the Custom Indicators onto it, and it worked perfectly...I had the red and green colors back on the relevant indicators, and they were good all thru Friday.

However, yesterday (Saturday), after performing the Repair DB on both my PC and laptop following your advice above, I have found that I have now lost the red and green color for these indicators on my laptop.

So, my thoughts on the loss of the colors of these indicators is that they have nothing to do with the vendor and has everything to do with Ninjatrader. The whole reason I moved to Ninjatrader was to have these custom indicators from Top Dog with these specific indicator colors, and now I do not have them on both platforms on separate machines (PC and laptop).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by alifarahani, 04-19-2024, 09:40 AM
          9 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
          Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post mmckinnm