Trading Hour Templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading Hour Templates

I am trying to set up a trading hour template to only show the globex session for the ES, NQ and YM. However, when I put in the hours it will not let me save it. The predefined session templates aggregate the day session data with the overnight session data. I am trying to seggregate just the overnight session. Any thoughts on how I can accomplish this? Thanks.

akjeff,

Thanks for posting.

What happens when you attempt to save a trading hours template? Do you receive an error on screen?

What steps are you taking to create and save the template?

Could you please outline the parameters of your Trading Hours template, or if more convenient, could you take a screenshot of your parameters for your the template?

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool. Please see the below link:

Learn how to use Snipping Tool to capture a screenshot, or snip, of any object on your screen, and then annotate, save, or share the image.

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment. Please see the below link:

Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have attached a screenshot of the hours I am trying to get into a template. Keep in mind the time zone I am in. When I try and save it, I get the error message. No matter where I put a check mark for EOD, I get the error message. Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	Globex Trading Hours Template.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	888697 Click image for larger version

Name:	Error Message.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	888698

Comment

akjeff,
        If you want only the overnight session, create a custom trading hours template for that Session.
        If you want ETH, RTH, overnight separately, there are a couple of ways to go - subdivide the trading hours template into separate sessions (there are trading hours templates which do this you can refer to in the library, can't recall which, but not for US Equity indices), and lesser known option if you want to have separate data for each Session is to use multiple data series in the same chart panel, each with its own Session template attached. I do the latter for overnight, day and full sessions.

Comment

akjeff,

I'm not seeing the same error on my end when setting up the same Template and marking each entry as EOD. To clarify, are you marking each one of your entries on this as EOD?

If so, and the error persists, I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20180810.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
          Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post bmartz
          by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
          4 responses