The Holy Grail Of Intraday Trading System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Holy Grail Of Intraday Trading System

I am uploading a picture of this trading system posted by sum guy also enclosing the backtest report. is the holy grail or not??this guy must be must be living in a palace. this screeshot comes from Amibroker.

Can seniors throw some light about how we will get this system in NINJA TRDAER?

Thanks in Advance

Regards
    Manish Kumar
    Attached Files

Hi manishkumar1982,

Welcome to our forum!

First thing you want to consider is slippage and comission costs when looking at 'too good to be true' system reports, in the report you posted none of this is a factor.

Other than that NinjaTrader is very flexible and open because of its NinjaScript editor, so basically you can implement any type of trading strategy.

Here is a great introduction link - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview39.html
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Too good to be true.

Annual system % return:80805840852.95%
      Percent profitable:89.8%
      Return on account:538.75 %
      Bars (avg. days) in test:4011 (33)

It was only a 33 day test, doesn't take commissions or slippage into consideration (you'd be surprised how quickly that ruins a great system) and the system is likely curve-fitted beyond belief.

Even so the only way this result is possible would be with aggressive money management that would be unrealistic in practice.

I could make a system that could show a couple hundred million in profits over a few month period, but in realtime it will blow up your account, if not in hours than in days (I was dumb enough to try)

If you can get the code for this system, I'm sure we'd all be interested to take a look, but I doubt the author would share the code because the the illusion would be obvious (although I'm sure plenty could still be learned).

Comment

Looking at the chart, you'll notice that whenever the price goes sideways, the buy-sell indicators go crazy.

If I were to strictly trade this chart indicator, I would be broke in no time.

No Thanks, At least not in its current form,

RJay
        Last edited by RJay; 11-24-2008, 03:15 PM.
        RJay
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

True enough, I didn't pay too much attention to the chart, just the report.

Those rapid whipsaws would mostly all be losers taking commission/slippage into consideration and that would severely impact the winning %.

It would still be nice to know more about the system/indicators.

Comment

Manish Kumar,

I have to admit, there are some very nice things about this indicator.

I believe its problems can be addressed.

Can you post the link where you found this?

Thanks,

RJay
            RJay

Comment

Hi RJay

Plz go through the link given below as per your rquirement.

there is nothing new, all the thing's same as u got here. Hope any one can develop it i think in this stuff user is using some swing language like gann swing.

thanks

Comment

Hello Senior Member's

I Have got some thing's to develop the STUFF like HOLY GRAIL it will help you to Develop the same. Plz go through the attachment's these are using in Amibroker it's called SWING. It want some modification also to look the same as HOLY GRAIL.

Now I want to see some positive views from SENIOR'S.

Thanks
                Manish Kumar
                Attached Files

Comment

This is not the same indicator as the one posted below.

There is a bunch of stuff missing.

Similar indicators are easily built. I was initially interested in the staircases shown in the picture. Your file reveals them to be just trailing stops.

I don't see anything special here.

There are better indicators already built available here in this forum for download.

Good luck,

RJay
                  RJay

Comment

It's very unusual thing that no one here to develop the same thing as Holy Grail. Everyone is giving excuse, as i wrote earlier that i don't have any formula and no other things related with this stuff. I have only SnapShot and Trade Report which I posted on this thread. Now i Really think that no one master here.

thanks
                    Manish Kumar

Comment

It's very unusual thing that no one here to develop the same thing as Holy Grail. Everyone is giving excuse, as i wrote earlier that i don't have any formula and no other things related with this stuff. I have only SnapShot and Trade Report which I posted on this thread. Now i Really think that no one master here.

thanks
                      Manish Kumar
                      You are looking for something that doesn't exist.

The trade report means absolutely nothing without the rules of the system.

As rt6176 said, there doesn't seem to be anything special about the code you posted, and there are already better indicators that do the same thing.

I have a feeling the closest thing to the 'grail' you seek would be a basic over-optimized and curve-fitted system using a Martingale betting progression. You can backtest it, make incredible returns, perhaps if you really lucky it may even work for a little bit in real-time. Then one day when your account blows-up you'll realize it was an illusion.

Listen to a guy like Larry Williams who has probably developed more systems than anybody and traded $10,000 to $2,000,000 (then dropped to $1mill) in less than a year. He will tell you, there is no grail. He will also say most systems and technical analysis is BS!

Technical analysis is used for TIMING in markets that have a fundamental reason to trade them. For example, the unwinding of the carry trade is/was a great fundamental reason to short the EUR/YEN recently. Combine that with the COT data showing immense large spec. activity short the EUR and long the YEN, and you have a FUNDAMENTAL reality based reason to trade that market. At that point use your systems for timing your entries and exit points. Add a proper position sizing algorithm, and that's about as close to grail as you're likely to find.

Please understand that the report you posted is NOT from live-trading. It is from a curve-fitted back-test over 1 month. I would be willing to bet, if you backtested the exact system over the previous month, or even the same month on a different time-frame it would be a loser.

You might want to check out Collective2.com and see if you can find your 'grail'. All of these systems are compatible with NinjaTrader as far as I know.

Good luck!
                      Last edited by Elliott Wave; 11-28-2008, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by manishkumar1982 View Post
                        is the holy grail or not??
                        It is not.

You've asked for opinions and received them, now you can decide how to proceed from here.

Good hunting!

Mike

Comment

I present to you the Holy Grail for trading.

I present to you the Holy Grail for trading.
                          I'm serious, this could be the most important post you read all year !
                          http://www.mtptrader.com/showthread.php?t=1625

This thread is definitely worth the read. The Excel tool is very useful too.

Give me an average system with great money management/position sizing VS an amazing system without it any day.

Comment

Hello Friends

I have got some Information about Holy Grail like you can say some raw material's. I am Positing here 2 charts in which it clearly show's in 1st chart that staircase line is HI LO in green and red color. In 2nd Chart see the white line in downside which is also using in 1st chart for crossover purpose for Buy and Sell Signal that thing I don't know. I think you can Find it from your side ans that will help to make THAT HOLY GRAIL.

Thanks
                            Regards
                            Manish Kumar
                            Attached Files

Comment

The white line is a price oscillator. you can tell by the spacing of the data points

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                              47 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post aligator  
                              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jaybedreamin