Make it look like this:

// public enum SqueezeStyle
    // {
    // BBSqueeze,
    // PBFSqueeze,
    // CounterTrend
    // }
    roonius
    thx, I've commented out as you describe.

Unfortunatley I'm unable to make any progress regards the BarColor.

Hopefully someone more knowledgable may be able to sort it out, I think it would be a very usefull addition to the good work you've already done.

Many thx

Comment

Just Curious - Color Label Reversed?

I was looking at this indicator and trying to compare it to how it works on the video on TTM's site here: http://www.tradethemarkets.com/products/item5.cfm

Is it me or are the BBSqueezeAlertColor and Normal Color Labels Reversed? It seems to me the Squeeze color should be Blue and the Normal Color is Red? The dots dont appear to coincide with the alerts on the histogram the way they do on the TTM video and I am not sure what adjustments need to be made, if any? Am I just interpreting this chart wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by pdmoney View Post
        I was looking at this indicator and trying to compare it to how it works on the video on TTM's site here: http://www.tradethemarkets.com/products/item5.cfm

Is it me or are the BBSqueezeAlertColor and Normal Color Labels Reversed? It seems to me the Squeeze color should be Blue and the Normal Color is Red? The dots dont appear to coincide with the alerts on the histogram the way they do on the TTM video and I am not sure what adjustments need to be made, if any? Am I just interpreting this chart wrong?
        BB Squeeze is the market state, when Bolinger Bands are inside Keltner Channel. When this condition occurs, dots are red (squeeze) by default (you can change color in indicator's parameters). When Bolinger Bands break out
        of Keltner channel, dot changes it's color back to "normal" color and that means that there could be a possibility for a biger move.

TTM uses the same logic

Comment

roonius

roonius - Thank you very much for generously providing this indicator free of charge to the Ninjatrader community. I had quite a lot of fun with it yesterday testing out various ideas. I have a question few questions for you & everyone else.

Does this indicator work with multi-timeframe or multi-instrument strategies? I tried adding it to my multi-instrument strategy and I had problems, which could be in my code. I spent a while trying to figure it out and couldn't so I thought I'd ask about this.

Second, I really liked the TTM video where they show how to use their indicator. I tried using BBSqueeze in the same way and the results were not positive. I'm wondering if Carter cherry-picked his examples or if I should be using some other criteria to filter out bad trades? Has anyone successfully developed a strategy with this indicator?

If I have more time I will try to post some of the ideas I came up with and the results. Maybe others could contribute and we could build a working strategy.

Comment

Use of Squeeze

Carter advises not to take all squeezes blindly. He looks at higher time frames and does not go if against direction of longer term trends. Due to increased volatility at the moment in the indexes, he now uses the squeeze as a 'heads up' for a box play. Ie squeeze occurs during price moving in a range. Before it changes back to green he will draw a line above and below trading range and buy/sell the breakouts as by he time squeeze fires a lot of the move may be over. Also he looks at direction of momentum. Ie if negative momentum but is decreasing this is an indication of an upwards breakout. Another tactic he will use is to wait for a pullback to the 8 EMA. And then of course you should check the Market Internals ie Tick, Trin, Put Call Ratio, Volume etc and maybe a quick check of what
            the dollar/yen is up to..........

Comment

Originally posted by MicroAl View Post
              Carter advises not to take all squeezes blindly. He looks at higher time frames and does not go if against direction of longer term trends. Due to increased volatility at the moment in the indexes, he now uses the squeeze as a 'heads up' for a box play. Ie squeeze occurs during price moving in a range. Before it changes back to green he will draw a line above and below trading range and buy/sell the breakouts as by he time squeeze fires a lot of the move may be over. Also he looks at direction of momentum. Ie if negative momentum but is decreasing this is an indication of an upwards breakout. Another tactic he will use is to wait for a pullback to the 8 EMA. And then of course you should check the Market Internals ie Tick, Trin, Put Call Ratio, Volume etc and maybe a quick check of what
              the dollar/yen is up to..........
              Thanks MicroAl for sharing your knowledge of Carter's use of the BB Squeze. I found your post very helpful. Sorry for the late reply but I haven't had time to look into this. I'd like to try using these ideas for a strategy, I'll report back the results.

Comment

Squeeze

You may wish to know that he is now suggesting that you look at the last ten squeeze signals on a market/timeframe and if less than 7 squeezes have worked then look at another market/timeframe and check again. Sounds like good advice.

Comment

Originally posted by MicroAl View Post
                  You may wish to know that he is now suggesting that you look at the last ten squeeze signals on a market/timeframe and if less than 7 squeezes have worked then look at another market/timeframe and check again. Sounds like good advice.
                  This is a good idea.

Are you a subscriber to his site? How do you like it? Do you find his methods profitable?

Comment

roonius,

Could you change your code a little bit to accommodate values between 0 and 1 for "Bolinger Bands Std. Devs from Average" and "Keltner Channel ATRs from Average"?

I think changes need to be made here:
                    set { nBB = Math.Max(0, value); instead of set { nBB = Math.Max(1, value);

and
                    set { nK = Math.Max(0, value); instead of set { nK = Math.Max(1, value);

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Eternum View Post
                      roonius,

Could you change your code a little bit to accommodate values between 0 and 1 for "Bolinger Bands Std. Devs from Average" and "Keltner Channel ATRs from Average"?

and

Thanks!
                      When I have a spare minute will do and repost

Comment

PBF Squeeze confusion

Hi,

I'm confused about the RS squeeze. You show three diverent versions on your chart. do we have the option of showing which one we want, or is your version all of them contained in one indicator. Plus the PBF version does not use the BB and keltner channel logic, but it appears the RS does. Just want to clear up if it is like the PBF version on the PBF site. Thanks.

David

Originally posted by roonius View Post
                        When I have a spare minute will do and repost

Comment

Originally posted by Eternum View Post
                          roonius,

and

Thanks!
                          The newest version can be found here:

Comment

The newest version can be found here:
                            http://www.tradingstudies.com/downloads/squeeze.html
                            Roonius, when I import to NinjaTrader, the only one I see in the indicators is the RSqueeze and when put on the chart it is the BBSqueeze. I can't find the PBF Squeeze or the counter trend squeeze.

One other question, did you replicate any more of the PBF indicators such as the paint bars and scalp dots?

Comment

Originally posted by BrianNC View Post
                              Roonius, when I import to NinjaTrader, the only one I see in the indicators is the RSqueeze and when put on the chart it is the BBSqueeze. I can't find the PBF Squeeze or the counter trend squeeze.

One other question, did you replicate any more of the PBF indicators such as the paint bars and scalp dots?
                              You have a parameter which switches between modes

Comment

You have a parameter which switches between modes
                                Thanks! Ill see if I can tell which one it is.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
                                3 responses
                                1 like
                                Last Post PaulMohn  
                                Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post PaulMohn