Vpci

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi clfield,
    I don't remember the details of the article at this moment. If you find out and get different results, please let me know. About the usefulness, it depends in your style of trading and the information you want to have for your decisions. In my case, I do a lot of data mining with artificial intelligence and from there I create my model and subsequent strategy. Before introducing Volume into my models, the accuracy was about 54% more or less. After introducing volume and the different interpretations (mfi, vpci, etc) my models went up to 66% of accuracy in the decision process, and the profits incremented substantially as well. So, I guess it depends on what you do and how you set up your strategies...

Comment

since there have been some questions on what can one do with this indicator, I took a screen shot of something I did. I cannot share the code for that; but at least that can give you an idea. Sorry. Attached is a shot of the same VPCI indicator after transforming it with a mathematical "maneuver" and made it look like that. Now, if you notice, every time the indicator drops, the trend looses steam, no matter if it is going up or down, it always happens. And also, very often, it changes direction. That is in anticipation of the change. That tells you something different is going to happen. Also, if you notice, when the trend is going up or down, doesn't matter the direction, and the indicator goes up, then the trend accelerates... a lot. That is your confirmation. The reason for that is because the volume is incrementing substantially which means people are greedy and buying like crazy or scare and selling all they can. So, I guess it is up to you what you do with it.
      Attached Files

Comment

clfield. I agree with you. SMA should be used instead of VWMA. Since he uses Input, one has to go back to the calling indicator and see what is be used in the parameter field. He uses Input again. The default setting for Input is Close so I agree with you that Volume should be used in VM.

Comment

I coded my own version of VPCI. Everything is calculated inside of the indicator. I also added "a smoothed volume-weighted average of VPCI called “VPCI smoothed” demonstrates how much the VPCI has changed from previous VPCI levels, and is used to indicate momentum." I have some doubts that the author used a VWMA on the VPCI to get the smoothed value. My blue 'smoothed VPCI' does not behave like the ones shown in the documentation. My suspicion is that in the author's 'VWMA' he is using the values of VPCI as the weight(s) and not volume.
          Attached Files

Comment

I look forward to seeing your indicator. I found the same problem with the "smoothed VPCI" I coded it as described in the article. However the plot did not look anything like what he published. I was pondering how best to smooth the VPCI.
            I am also debating using a more responsive MA to apply the volume adjustment to.

Comment

In this version I changed the way the 'smoothed' VPCI is calculated. Instead of using VWMA, I now use WMA. The 'smoothed' VPCI now seems to behave better and I think better reprsents what the author is trying to accomplish. I still have no idea what period is used in calculating the 'smoothed' VPCI.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by scjohn View Post
                In this version I changed the way the 'smoothed' VPCI is calculated. Instead of using VWMA, I now use WMA. The 'smoothed' VPCI now seems to behave better and I think better reprsents what the author is trying to accomplish. I still have no idea what period is used in calculating the 'smoothed' VPCI.
                can u convert this indicator to NT8 PLZ

Comment

Hello ahm1992,

Thanks for the post.

I just wanted to provide a note in case scjohn or any other members do not reply here. Would this be something you are interested in converting yourself to learn NinjaScript? if you are interested doing this yourself or learning NinjaScript I can likely walk you through the steps of generating this script in NT8. The total code you would have to copy from this script is minimal, about 5 lines of code and a few steps in the indicator wizard to set up the script. Please let me know if you would like me to detail that for you and I will provide a reply with steps for that.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
                  JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
                    Hello ahm1992,

Thanks for the post.

I just wanted to provide a note in case scjohn or any other members do not reply here. Would this be something you are interested in converting yourself to learn NinjaScript? if you are interested doing this yourself or learning NinjaScript I can likely walk you through the steps of generating this script in NT8. The total code you would have to copy from this script is minimal, about 5 lines of code and a few steps in the indicator wizard to set up the script. Please let me know if you would like me to detail that for you and I will provide a reply with steps for that.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
                    ok i`d like to know the details plz

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post elirion
                    by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                    0 responses