Moving Average Bars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving Average Bars?

Hi. I'm not particularly new to Ninja Trader, but I am new to this forum and the custom indicator process. Basically, I'm wondering if a certain script exists. What I'm looking for is a script that causes bars/candles to be colored in accordance with where they close in relation to a moving average. That is, let's say, candles that are green if they close about a 20 SMA and red if they close below it? Is anyone here aware of anything like that? Thanks in advance.

JS10a,

Please search the sharing section for indicators. If you don't find what you want you will either have to custom program it yourself or perhaps try one of the 3rd party NinjaScript Consultants.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Josh,

First of all, I'm doing specifically what one of YOUR own people told me to do. I'm pasting part of a message I received yesterday:

"You could request this indicator on our support forum and see if anyone has this already or if someone would be interested in taking the project on. You can find our support forums at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/vb/index.php

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,
      Kyle Nottingham
      NinjaTrader Customer Service"

So, again, I'm just making this request, as I was told to do. I seem to see a lot of requests on your board and people fulfilling them. I'm not sure why you're not allowing me to do the same. Yes, of course I could use one of your third party providers, but the fact is I'm on a very tight budget. Furthermore, I would have to think that MOST Ninja Trader users are on a fairly tight budget, which is why they're using NT in the first place. As for searching for it, well, there's no specific name for what I'm asking for, so I wouldn't know what to search for (and I obviously don't have time to look though every single thread). My hope is that this exists somewhere out there and that someone who has it will recognize it from my request and simply respond with it. That seems to be what Kyle had in mind too, and seems like this most reasonable solution. If no one does, then I'll have to go from there. But again, I don't see why you can't just allow people to read the question and then respond if appropriate. Thank you.

PS. By the way, this is something that charting providers such as Tradestation and Esignal have built in to their system. One could make the argument that this is something I shouldn't even have to ask for in the first place, assuming NT wants to rival those companies.

PPS. I was going to make this a private message to you, but apparently you don't receive them.

Comment

JS10a,

Please do not misunderstand. It is completely fine to make requests. I am simply offering you alternative routes in case no one fulfills them.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ah, okay, then I guess we do in fact have a misunderstanding. I kind of thought we you trying to divert people away from this thread, or at least from answering it. Or telling me that the question was inappropriate. Of course I know there are no guarantees. I just want to throw it out there, see what happens, and hope for the best. If it turns up empty, yes, then I'm already perfectly aware that I would have to turn to less attractive options! Okay, I'll shut up now.

Comment

See this thread for some indicators you can modify to do as you want.

eDanny
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Hi eDanny,

Great, thanks for the response. That thread seems to be primarily concerned with wick color, which isn't an issue for me, but I'll see if there's anything there I can at least work with. Thanks again.

Comment

Look at the ASCtrend thread.. or as josh suggested look in the indicator files section, there is tons of indicators there which do this.

Comment

Hi JS10a, you can review our indicator coding tutorial 6 to see how you can work with barcolors in NinjaScript - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview18.html
                  BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The attached should be what you're looking for.
                    Attached Files
                    mrlogik
                    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Purelogik Trading

Comment

Yes, that's EXACTLY what I'm looking for -- thanks so much!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                      Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
                      7 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby