Collapse

Polynomial Regression Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are no problems in calculating and plotting the polynomial on non time based bar.

The problem is drawing the forecast on non time based bars. I have to make a educated guess as the what the times will be in the future . If I guess wrong and/or real time catches up with what I calculate the forecast drawing(s) will get screwed up. There is nothing wrong with the forecast(s) value(s) themselves, it's just difficult plotting them.

Comment

Polynomial Channel code from MT4 -

Possible "No Re-paint" version in post# 844 -

Share ideas, debate tactics, and swap war stories with forex traders from around the world.

It we be great if we could get a working "Non Re-paint" version for NT7!

Comment

just found this one today, bit of eyecandy but the extra lines seem to have some merit
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by scjohn View Post
          For those of you interested in performing a Polynomial Regression a new set of indicators are available.

These indicator(s) are intended for intermediate to advanced users.

The heart and soul of this new group of indicators is PolyUserDefinedMethods. This indicator contains methods that calculate a RegressPolynomial, EvaluatePolynomial and calculate the Pearson coefficient. The underlying code that supports these calculations are also in this indicator. The underlying code is covered by Microsoft Public License and The Code Project Open License. Details are provided in this indicator.

The indicator - PolyTest exercises the methods contained in PolyUserDefinedMethods. This indicator validates that the code will compile with out errors and generates the correct results using a simple example(s) from Microsoft Excel. All output is shown in the NT Output Window using the Ninja Script Print function. After running this indicator, one could delete this indicator.

The indicator - PolyInd is real world example for use in NT. This indicator is set up for use on the Price Panel. You can calculate a polynomial of n-degree on the Close, and then plot the forecast x bars into the future using the polynomial that was calculated. The forecast can be drawn as a line (default) or as a diamond(s) in the right margin of the chart. You will need to expand the size of the right margin to be able to see the forecast. The Pearson coefficient along with the forecast values will be displayed in the lower left hand corner of the chart (default on).

There is a problem of drawing forecasts into the future when using Bar Types that are variable (Tick, Volume, Range, Renko. etc.). One can not 100% calculate an accurate forecast of future time periods because one does not know the time when the current bar will end. For the current bar, time is always approaching the future bar(s) and can over take the future time(s) in real time. When this happens, one or more of the future forecasts will disappear off the chart. If someone at NT knows how to prevent this, please let me know. Just do not be surprised to forecast disappear from the right margin.

Note(s):
          This is a dynamic indicator, not static. For each new bar a brand new polynomial will be plotted.

The zip file - PolyIndicator contains 3 files: PolyTest, PolyInd and PolyUserDefinedMethods.

Hi Guys,

Could anyonr please tell me what are the PolyDegrees good for,and why is the different setiings of 1-2-3-4-....etc?Could anyone please bring an example if i set,for e.g. PolyDegrees 1 or 21,what would in that case change?And how those changes would affect the whole picture?

Another option in this indicator is the "Limit".Could anyone please educate on this part as well?
          Thanks!

Comment

No one can comment?

Comment

The indicator in post #25 is easier to use than the other one.

If you have detailed questions regarding that polyindicator, you need to contact the author.

Comment

Polynomial Regression WITH a Momentum Indicator

Using the outer bands as S/R lines, I put a slope indicator that changes the color of the bands when the slope goes f/ Up to Down and v.v. This determines in what direction I trade.

I use Range Bars (the equivalent of 15, 45 and 135-minutes produced by a 128-MA of the ATR). All three 'TFs' need to be in the same direction.

If all 3-TFs are in the same direction and the 11-CCI is either -200 or +200 (e.g. Slope is Down, price action breaks through the upper Polynomial Band and CCI is +200, then the short is taken after price closes BELOW the upper Polynomial Band).

I wrote an alert that gives me an auditory signal for the particular issue creating the signal.

Comment

Where is the version of PRC to which you are referring -- the one with the alert? Can you attach your version please.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post algospoke  
                  Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post arvidvanstaey