Collapse

ATR -Trailing Stops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks PrTester. I appreciate your contribution.

Thanks
    RK

Comment

Trailing ATR stop strategy

Did anyone get this ATR trailing stop programmed as a strategy? This is exactly what I am trying to accomplish. I am attempting to use a simple entry technique and then create a trailing ATR stop that adjusts based on volatility. But I am new to scripting and have been unsuccessful so far. Any further suggetions would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

evnpar72,

This would help you http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ead.php?t=3222

Hope it help,
        Regards

Comment

IS it not easier to just pay 99.00 one time and own the VStop by PowerZone? (http://www.powerzonetrading.com/ninjatrader.htm ) That is what I have considered doing. It does the same Volatility stops, and it seems to have a trend indicator as well. I figure it is not a bad price. Saves me about 1 or 2 days programming but hey I have it after.

Comment

Originally posted by richa61416 View Post
            IS it not easier to just pay 99.00 one time and own the VStop by PowerZone? (http://www.powerzonetrading.com/ninjatrader.htm ) That is what I have considered doing. It does the same Volatility stops, and it seems to have a trend indicator as well. I figure it is not a bad price. Saves me about 1 or 2 days programming but hey I have it after.
            richa61416,

Most of these indicator are protected and you don't have access to the values thru a standard Ninja Script Strategy, I don't know if this is the case but if I were you, I'll ask first.

Regards

Comment

Thanks. I think I will ask, before I buy, just to make sure I can reference the values.

Comment

Thanks PRTester. You were correct. I sent the guys an email about referencing the indicators and got back the response below. I guess I do have to code my own Vstop.

Thanks for your interest in the PowerZone Trading VSTOPS indicator package for NinjaTrader. The value for the current stop level is displayed in the “show data box.” At this point, this value cannot be referenced from an outside indicator or strategy.

Comment

richa61416,

I hope this ATR Trailing help you start.

Regards

Comment

atr stop as ATM strategy

hello can someone upload the ATR trailing stop as an atm strategy
                    or if not possible
                    as simple strategy that basically buys at the market open and stays in the trade als long as the ATR trailstop is holding?

Comment

I fix some lines and add anothers to the code in order to run with a Ratched Percent - http://forum.equis.com/forums/thread/22879.aspx . If you have any strategy referring this indicator BEWARE you need to update the strategy because this indicator now has another parameter.

Regards
                      Attached Files

Comment

For anyone who is interested, PowerZone Trading now has a free strategy upgrade (once you purchase the indicator) that allows you to reference the VSTOPS values in a strategy. They did not offer this when the indicator was first released for NinjaTrader, but it is available now.

Comment

Strategy with VSTOPS

Originally posted by Betty View Post
                          For anyone who is interested, PowerZone Trading now has a free strategy upgrade (once you purchase the indicator) that allows you to reference the VSTOPS values in a strategy. They did not offer this when the indicator was first released for NinjaTrader, but it is available now.

Hi Betty
                          thanks for your information in the Forum. I have the VSTOPS and it's running well.
                          I'm new with NT, no experience yet with Strategy building.

Question: Can you publish here the Strategy, where you implemented the VSTOPS in your Strategy?
                          Thx Heinz

I got this message from LEE powerzonetrading:
                          It sounds like you installed the strategy upgrade correctly. Step #7 is just a check to confirm VSTOPS is available from within the strategy. At this point you can call the VSTOPS level from within a strategy.
                          Please note that this is NOT a strategy, it simply allows you to use the VSTOPS values in a strategy that you write yourself. I would recommend consulting the NinjaTrader documentation for instructions on writing a complete trading strategy.
                          Good trading,
                          Lee Leibfarth
                          PowerZone Trading
                          www.PowerZoneTrading.com

Comment

using ATRtrailing in a strategy

Hello.

I am trying to use ATRTrailing in my strategy but it is not trailing at all. What is wrong with my code? Much thanks.

Code:
                            protected override void OnBarUpdate()
                                    {
                                        // ATR Trailing Stop
                            			if (Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Flat)
                            			{
                            				SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Ticks, 30);
                            			}

// If a long position is open, allow for stop loss modification to ATR
                            			else if (Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Long)
                            			{
                            				SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, ATRTrailing(2, 10, 0.005).Lower[0]);
                            			}

else if (Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Short)
                                        {
                            				SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, ATRTrailing(2, 10, 0.005).Upper[0]);
                                        }

}
                            Last edited by honvl; 11-08-2008, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by honvl View Post
                              Hello.

I am trying to use ATRTrailing in my strategy but it is not trailing at all. What is wrong with my code? Much thanks.

Code:
                              protected override void OnBarUpdate()
                                      {
                                          // ATR Trailing Stop
                                          if (Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Flat)
                                          {
                                              SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Ticks, 30);
                                          }

// If a long position is open, allow for stop loss modification to ATR
                                          else if (Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Long)
                                          {
                                              SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, ATRTrailing(2, 10, 0.005).Lower[0]);
                                          }

else if (Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Short)
                                          {
                                              SetStopLoss(CalculationMode.Price, ATRTrailing(2, 10, 0.005).Upper[0]);
                                          }

}

Try Using ATRTrailing(2, 10, 0.005).Upper[0] for Long and ATRTrailing(2, 10, 0.005).Lower[0] for short.

Comment

Does the VStop PowerZoneTrading indicator also funciton as a full trading stop for buys or sells?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Lumbeezl, 01-11-2022, 06:50 PM
                                31 responses
                                1 like
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Adrian  
                                Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick