Simple "Volume projection at close" indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I was wondering if any solutions were found. In summary, these are the two problems:

1) Bar Timer resets a time greater than the current timeframe on a new bar, e.g if looking at 5 min chart, it'll countdown to 0:06, then print a new bar and the timer resets is at 5:05. This happens on almost all new bars.

2) The indicator will stop working after a few bars. It'll be stuck on a number and stop updating.

Comment

Hi grimReaper,

BarTimer can be out of sync if there is any difference in your computer clock with the data providers' clock.

Please use the steps below to change your Time Zone and sync the PC clock, note to set the server to time.nist.gov.

You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Press 'Change time zone...' Set the Time zone and press 'OK'.

Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.
      Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, it works fine now. Before I release it, quick question: Is there anyway to get rid of the line it plots (setting it to transparent doesn't work b/c then the price marker disappears also)? If not, is there a way I can detect the user's background color and set it to that color?

And I'm guessing I have permission to use NT's bartimer code? Don't want to violate copyright

Comment

You can set the plot to the same color as chart background. Unfortunately there are no supported properties to read from the chart background, but for a hint could try ChartControl.BackColor.

Yes, there's no problem using BarTimer code.
          Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

grimReaper,
            Why do you use the term "infer" when talking about the pace of the tape?

Comment

Ryan,
              Can this indicator be installed in a live, licensed NT version.

Comment

Originally posted by jackh View Post
                grimReaper,
                Why do you use the term "infer" when talking about the pace of the tape?
                No real reason. My understanding is that pace of tape is like velocity, and my projected volume is like distance, so to get pace of tape you have to notice the jumps in the projected volume yourself.

I personally use it to get an idea of what the volume will be at the close of my 5 and 15min bars, but if you want to use it to understand pace of the tape, it's better to use it for small time frame charts like 1-3min.

Originally posted by jackh View Post
                Ryan,
                Can this indicator be installed in a live, licensed NT version.
                It should be able to install in any NT version. (I mentioned "sim" just to cover myself)
                Last edited by :::grimReaper:::; 01-22-2012, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by dustydbayer, Today, 01:59 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post dustydbayer  
                Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes