Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator to see past trades?

Hello

I've been searching for a while and I was wondering if there's an indicator that can trace trades (buy and sold) on the chart so I can visually see where I bought and sold

I know meta trader does it when you backtest but I'm looking to drop an indicator on a chart and review my charts at night after the market is done. Since pretty much everyone should be doing this (review their trade) I guess an indicator already exist right?

Originally posted by blurobot View Post
    Hello

I've been searching for a while and I was wondering if there's an indicator that can trace trades (buy and sold) on the chart so I can visually see where I bought and sold

I know meta trader does it when you backtest but I'm looking to drop an indicator on a chart and review my charts at night after the market is done. Since pretty much everyone should be doing this (review their trade) I guess an indicator already exist right?
    You mean you want to see the actual trades that were executed by NT during the day? By default, NT shows that on every chart. You have to turn it OFF, not on. Look at the DataSeries configuration dialog, and you will see it there.

ref: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...price_data.htm

Expand the third section, and look at "Plot executions".

Comment

yeah I know I guess I wasn't being as detailed as I should:

NT shows trade initiated via NT and only locally. Meaning that if I use IB and trade via my iphone and at work (2 diff computer) it cannot display those data. However, that data is clearly accessible via API as programs like trading diary pro uses it.

What i`m trying to say is that NT is great but I cant see a modern trader never trading via iphone or multiple computers in this fast pace market hence these features doesn't seem to work correctly

back to my question: is it possible to have an indicator downloading that info and displaying it? if so, has it been done and if not I might program it myself

Comment

blurobot,

There are two applications for smart phones that offer access to NinjaTrader. The first is called NinjaTerminal the second is called Tiny Ninja Mobile Trader, not necessarily in that order.

It is possible to download trade data as this is all stored in the SQL database located in My Documents / NinjaTrader 7 / db, however this is unsupported functionality you would need to implement yourself.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
        Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes