Collapse

Calculate Value Area - histogram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transparent as a colour does not make it transparent....

Re: the CalculateValueAreaHistoNT7.zip in post# 71.

Selecting "Transparent" as a colour for the profile doesn't make it transparent against another indicator that has a background colour.
    "Transparent" as a colour makes it white against another indicators background colour.

The zip was kindly converted from NT6.5 to NT7.
    Is NT7 the issue here ?

Any assistance appreciated.

Thx

Originally posted by CriticalTrader View Post
    If you download the indicator, don't forget to request a copy of the current ES Tick VAP cache file! With default parameter settings you will not see a profile on your chart without it. Click here and include your machine id in message.
    The profile plots as is so not sure what you're referring to with ES Tick VAP and machine ID...?
    Last edited by dj22522; 07-19-2011, 03:57 PM.

Comment

dj22522, if you have have Volume-At-Price Mode set to UseCache (the default setting) you will only see a profile as it develops for the currently active session as it processes the real-time stream. However, if you want to see the session and composite profiles for prior days, and the mode is UseCache, then I suggest you download the cache file so you won't have to build one. Then the default setting will result in a chart like this.

Comment

dj22522, if you have have Volume-At-Price Mode set to UseCache (the default setting) you will only see a profile as it develops for the currently active session as it processes the real-time stream. However, if you want to see the session and composite profiles for prior days, and the mode is UseCache, then I suggest you download the cache file so you won't have to build one. Then the default setting will result in a chart like this.
        I'd be grateful if you could help me understand.

The indicator in post# 71 :
        1. Does not plot Volume-At-Price, I wish it did, rather it has options of TPO/VWTPO/VOC.
        2. The indicator is a "rolling" profile ie: via Parameters a user defined "MinutesForMP" is selected, for instance 15. Such that the profile will display the latest 15 minutes of data.
        The profile does not fix itself at the end of a 15 min period and build a new profile each and every 15 minutes.
        Rather it keeps "rolling" forward always only covering the latest 15 minutes.

I hope that makes sense. I can't seem to explain it any other way.

3. Are you saying that point 2 above is due to the "UseCache" you mention ?
        Such that your cache file will create fixed profiles for, as in the above example, every 15 minutes ?
        Your UseCache file will stop the profile rolling forward, in other words, the profile will end after 15 min and a new one will start ?

Many thx.
        Last edited by dj22522; 07-19-2011, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dj22522 View Post
          I'd be grateful if you could help me understand.

The indicator in post# 71 :
          1. Does not plot Volume-At-Price, I wish it did, rather it has options of TPO/VWTPO/VOC.
          2. The indicator is a "rolling" profile ie: via Parameters a user defined "MinutesForMP" is selected, for instance 15. Such that the profile will display the latest 15 minutes of data.
          The profile does not fix itself at the end of a 15 min period and build a new profile each and every 15 minutes.
          Rather it keeps "rolling" forward always only covering the latest 15 minutes.

I hope that makes sense. I can't seem to explain it any other way.

3. Are you saying that point 2 above is due to the "UseCache" you mention ?
          Such that your cache file will create fixed profiles for, as in the above example, every 15 minutes ?
          Your UseCache file will stop the profile rolling forward, in other words, the profile will end after 15 min and a new one will start ?

Many thx.
          Sorry about the confusion, but we are talking about 2 different indicators. I cannot answer questions about the CalculateValueAreaHIsto indicator in post# 71. I was referring to the CDA VolumeProfile indicator in post#72 (which I developed); it does not do TPO. It is only VP and will never do TPO. If you want to evaluate the CDA VolumeProfile indicator in post#72, download it from the link, install it, and contact me for the cache file.
          Hope that helps.

Comment

Sorry about the confusion, but we are talking about 2 different indicators. I cannot answer questions about the CalculateValueAreaHIsto indicator in post# 71. I was referring to the CDA VolumeProfile indicator in post#72 (which I developed); it does not do TPO. It is only VP and will never do TPO. If you want to evaluate the CDA VolumeProfile indicator in post#72, download it from the link, install it, and contact me for the cache file.
            Hope that helps.
            Ok, thx. Apologies for the misunderstanding.
            I don't really wont TPO either but rather Volume at Price

Back to my request of post # 76, if I may re-post it:

Re: the CalculateValueAreaHistoNT7.zip in post# 71.

Selecting "Transparent" as a colour for the profile doesn't make it transparent against another indicator that has a background colour.
            "Transparent" as a colour makes it white against another indicators background colour.

The zip was kindly converted from NT6.5 to NT7.
            Is NT7 the issue here ?

Can "transparent" be truly transparent ?
            Any assistance appreciated.

Thx
            Last edited by dj22522; 07-19-2011, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Hello,
              did anyone a conversion to Ninja Trader 8 with this indicator? Would be very kind, thank you!

Comment

Hello andi5385,

Thanks for ylour post.

No, this indicator was not converted as it was thought that the indicator DValueAre was a better replacement. DvalueArea was converted to NT8 and can be found here: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...ad/dvaluearea/

Please note: The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
                Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Paul, I already downloaded this one and will have a look.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jaybedreamin  
                  Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes