Bid/Ask Volume combined with Hist Volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bid/Ask Volume combined with Hist Volume

Here's a variation on this indicator combining actual historical volume with bid/ask volume. Shows historical volume for historical bars, and adds bid/ask volume within the normal volume histogram for new bars.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by monpere; 01-08-2008, 06:31 PM.

Cool, thanks for the contribution.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Useful indicator. Many thanks. It appears that there may be a minor problem. With the default setup, the up/down volume bar colors agree with the candle up/down colors. However, when I went in and changed the colors to ones more to my liking, I found that the changed colors were opposite to the candle colors.
      Attached Files

Comment

I placed both built-in BuySellVolume indicator and this BidAskHistVolume indicator on a 1-minute ES chart. I watch the action during the quiet night session. I found they disagree with each other more often than not. Interestingly, neither constantly agrees with what shows in the Time & Sales window. I looked at the code of the two indicators and they are quite different.

Could someone at NT at least explain why the built-in BuySellVolume indicator disagrees with the Time & Sales window? Which one is more trustworthy? Thanks!

Comment

This is what the NT BuySellVolume does: "This indicator is a real-time indicator and does not plot against historical data. Plots a histogram splitting volume between trades at the ask or higher and trades at the bid and lower".

I cannot provide you any more information. You need to be sure you are comparing apples to apples. It has worked fine on our end.

You also need to be aware that what you see on the chart has a refresh delay. Go to Chart Properties and scroll down to "Display update interval" to change it if you want. This is highly not recommended though as it will make your chart much more CPU intensive.
          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Monpere -
            Would it be possible to modify this indicator or create a new one based on this indicator to plot the Delta of the Buys and Sells (Delta = Buys - Sells) and to plot the Cumulative Delta of the Buys and Sells? Looks like the logic/data is in the original indicator, just need to plot a different set of data. Thanks,

Comment

BID ASK historical bar

Is the explanation that every volume bar completed has historical volume over x periods,and the bar in formation is the real time volume only?

Comment

Will you mind expalining what the 'normal volume histogram ' will be referencing specifically.

Comment

Anyone could explain please the logic behind displaying the Volume data on the Volume Up vs. Volume Down vs. Volume Doji?

Comment

If the price goes down on 1000 shares,and goes up on 150,000 shares,
                    there is probably more interest in the long side of that market.

Comment

Originally posted by laredo View Post
                      If the price goes down on 1000 shares,and goes up on 150,000 shares,
                      there is probably more interest in the long side of that market.

This seems does not reply to my question: I would like to understand the logic to place sometimes the volume under the Volume Up vs. Volume Down vs. Volume Doji. Simple. Anyone, please?

Comment

volume total v VOl up/dwn

If i understand you ,putting total volume someplace is to watch total volume activity,and up volume versas down volume is more of a ratio observation.How these are displayed might tell you whether the up down volume graphics are such that also give you clarity on total volume,Im not familar with that indicator so dont know.

Comment

I would like to download this indicator. Where can I go to download this indicator?

Comment

BID and ASK volume

This indicator is real time and is there any way that this data can be saved in a file and used ongoing .
                            i.e i would like to see the historical data when market opens next day?

Thanks
                            Alles F

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
                            This is what the NT BuySellVolume does: "This indicator is a real-time indicator and does not plot against historical data. Plots a histogram splitting volume between trades at the ask or higher and trades at the bid and lower".

I cannot provide you any more information. You need to be sure you are comparing apples to apples. It has worked fine on our end.

You also need to be aware that what you see on the chart has a refresh delay. Go to Chart Properties and scroll down to "Display update interval" to change it if you want. This is highly not recommended though as it will make your chart much more CPU intensive.

Comment

Hello allesf,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

Any data could be saved to an external file by writing that data to a file. Recalling the information can also be performed in NinjaScript.

You can take a look at reading and writing files at the following links:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post cls71
                              by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
                              3 responses