Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woodies CCI

Morning guys.

I have been experimenting with Woodies CCI lately and have notice all the little tools available. The problem is, if I put it bluntly, the forums over at Woodies place are a bit . . . ummm . . . unmanaged.

After 4 attempts over the last week at simply registering on their website, nothing but 404 and DB errors, and SMTP problems. With no one to contact to sort it out.

I see you guys mentioned over a there a lot and would ask that a little ZIP file of the associated indicators and strategies to Woodies CCI be made up and attached to this thread. This would include such things as the CCI panel, the ZLR indicator and whatever else we can muster.

This ZIP file can then be updated as new things become available.

May be a Woodies user can contribute and manage the customized indicators/strategies in this thread or a separate one?!?

Comment

Getting registered

Just started looking at their stuff. I had some problems getting registered as well. I finally ended up getting it completed through their chat room by user "TonyUK" who appears to be the admin of the forums. They say they were having problems with spammers, so they may be intentionally making it difficult to register - you have to really want it.

Link: http://woodiescciclub.com/chat/

Comment

I would love to see the Woodies CCI programming that has been done and contributed centrally located in one place (this thread would be great).

In each case, read the entire thread to be sure you have any updates. Then click on "watch this topic" at the bottom of the page to be notified of new posts.

So far, I have found 4 useful things:

1. The Woodies CCI panel:
        For use in NT 6.5. Download is in post dated Jan 22 08

(You need to be signed in to see any attached files.)
        The "Timer" part of it won't work until Martin updates it after new version of NT6.5 issued. See below.
        Also, the Countdown Timer doesn't work for RangeAlt bars.

1.a. The Legend for the above panel is in a post dated 12/7/07, it is missing only the actual CCI values above the CCI differences at the bottom:

2. The ZLR indicator:
        It produces an arrow when the signal is given. Works great.
        In Martin's post on Feb 15 08:

3. Range Bars
        The RangeAlt bars that are standard in the new NT6.5 seem to be the closest to those used in the WCCI chatroom. However, the new indicator "RangeCounter," and martin's RangeCounter2 both seem to only work on Range Bars, not RangeAlt or RangeW.

3a. Status Box by Gumphrie

Even better -- this indicator works -- it DOES count down the price increments remaining in current bar even if using RangeAlt bars.

4. The Famir indicator
        Cees programmed the Famir as a Strategy.
        Download the file from the second post by "Cees" on August 16, 2007 here:

I believe this one works only as a strategy, not as an alert.
        WARNING: So far this only works on NT 6.0, not 6.5.

If you know of anything else that WCCI traders should have in order to trade via NinjaTrader, please add it to this thread.

EDITED 4/9/08 REGARDING NEW NT6.5
        Last edited by LG; 04-09-2008, 08:51 PM. Reason: Update info and links

Comment

Hi i have become very interested in this, have you figured out any zip files yet etc?? for people to use??

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by timmyb View Post
            Hi i have become very interested in this, have you figured out any zip files yet etc?? for people to use??

Thanks
            Sorry Timmy, I have had amazing little luck in getting anyone else interested and have run into a lot of difficulties trying to program them myself. None of the pros seem to be interested in doing it either. I'd still like to see it done, but have pretty much hit a brick wall.

Comment

Well it appears I am running into perhaps teh same thing, maybe we can somehow help eacthother. I am a tad saddened right now due to the fact 10 mins ago my laptop decided to smoke and die. Which would suck bad in its own right but when there was 1 week of prgramming even worse.

PM me or reply hear if you want to get in touch and try to help eachother

Tim

Comment

Try the NinjaTrader section of the Woodies CCI forum...
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I would really like to access this material. However, I have been unable to log in to the Woodies CCI Trading University. When I try to register I get an SMTP error on the registration screen. When I try to log in I get an error message. It is not apparent how to request assistance from a forum administrator. Unfortunately, gaining access to the site to access files has been extremely frustrating!

Any suggestions?

Comment

Contact the Woodies forum site admin might be worth a shot.

Comment

Woodies forum site admin

"Contact the Woodies forum site admin might be worth a shot. "

Please send your username to *** and I will approve you.

Comment

Please send to tonyuk (at) woodiescciclub "dot" (com)

Tony,
                        I removed your email to prevent spiders from harvesting your email.

Comment

Strategies w/ WCCI

Hey fellas, a little late to this thread but I am also interested in strategies that use the WCCI (and I too have had no success in registering on the Woodies forums, should have that sorted out soon I hope...Thanks Ray and Tony).

I've coded a bit over the years and would be happy to chip in if possible, if there is still interest in this project. I'll have a look at the code posted on the WCCI forums once I can log in there. I'm somewhat hesitant using any strategies based on just indicators, so I'd like to see if a robust strategy using a combination of WCCI, S/R, and price action could be coded for positive results. An interesting challenge that I'll be working on in my spare time, but I am no expert ...

Comment

All is done already -- huge thank you to Snaphook and MartinS -- though you might be able to contribute to tweaking, especially of the Excel spreadsheets for analysis.

1. The consolidated thread and downloads of indicators and analysis tools (Data Export and Excel Spreadsheet) are available here:

His demo of how to use the analysis tools is here:

BE SURE to express your appreciation for Snaphook and his terrific accomplishment.

There are two other threads used while developing the indicator:

. . . but all the new posts have migrated to the one above.

2. You also need and will welcome the Woodies Panel for NinjaTrader, at:

. . . and do read entire thread.

BE SURE to express your appreciation to MartinS for an amazing effort.

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks for the links! I've been looking it over, and it appears that an impressive amount of work has gone into this project.

I'll be *sure* to send more thanks over on the woodies forums!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DynamicTest  
                              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ScottWalsh