Collapse

AscTrend ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have done a minor modification to this indicator to show the trend of each candle, since I like to know if it closed up or down.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by eDanny; 10-29-2008, 06:26 PM.
    eDanny
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Thank you eDanny

Comment

Oops, not so fast, just realized there should be a neutral bar color. Fixed that and added a trend text box in lower corner. Just eye candy and can be turned off. You can re-download the newer version in my original post.
        Attached Files
        eDanny

Comment

I think this system has a lot of potential but I think we are still missing a few pieces. I think only ASCTrend1 and ASCTrend2 have been converted so far.

ASCTrend1 indicator.
          This indicator colors the bars according the climate of the market: red color is bearish and blue is bullish.

ASCTrend2.
          Small dots (by aqua and fuchsia color) which may be used for stop or to increase the profit to the trend direction.

ASCTrend1Signal: main indicator in the system showing the signals for buy or sell. If the signal is repeated it means re-enter signal and we may open additional order on the same direction.

Filters
          NRTR Line.
          Trend direction indicator. Besides, we may see more strong signals from ASCTrend1Signal indicator when the price is crossing one or two lines of NRTR Line indicator, or those lines are crossing each other, or those two lines is going on the same direction.

NRTR.
          Small red and green dots. It may be used to move stop loss and to estimate the market conditions as well: bearish or bullish.

NRTR WATR.
          An other indicator to estimate the market conditions and to move the stops.

NRTR Colorline_my.
          Very good indicator to estimate the trading zones: yellow line is bearish and white line is bullish market condition.

WPRfast is showing us the short-term tendency on the market.
          WPRslow is long-term tendency.

How to trade
          If we see the signals from ASCTrend1Signal indicator we should confirm it by other indicators and filters of this system.

And there is other simple trading rules:
          1. Do not trade if current bar is green color.
          2. Do not trade if the indicators are in contradiction between each other.
          3. Do not trade when we see buy and sell signals from ASCTrend1Signal which are almost opposite each other.
          4. Do not trade when the current signal bar is changing the color.
          The thread on this system is huge, its almost better to start from the back and work to the front.

Discussion topics about algorithmic trading - development of automated trading systems and trading robots

Comment

Agreed, but I'm liking the way it looks back testing. It seems it might be a good indicator to keep you in a trade for the longer move. For entries you would of course only use the candle trend to confirm your other indicators.
            Last edited by eDanny; 10-30-2008, 07:04 AM.
            eDanny

Comment

Here is a zip file with all the indicators I mentioned before in MQL format in case anyone wanted to attempt a conversion.

I've also included the LabTrend and Price Channel indicators from the TSD elite section. LabTrend seems to be almost the same as ASCTrend, but maybe a bit better?
              Attached Files

Comment

Confusion?

Sorry, but I am late to this discussion. I installed the first set of eASC indicators by tradereight and then was attempting to "upgrade" with the contribution from eDanny. However, Ninja Import informed me that the original file from tradereight was actually a newer version of the one (the one listed as "changed")that I am trying to import from eDanny. Would appreciate a clarification from someone as to which of the files to install. Thanks.

Comment

Use the changed .zip version, not the .cs file.
                  eDanny

Comment

Originally posted by eDanny View Post
                    Oops, not so fast, just realized there should be a neutral bar color. Fixed that and added a trend text box in lower corner. Just eye candy and can be turned off. You can re-download the newer version in my original post.

it seems that it both paints the bars, similar to a H-Ashi and also would work better on display on the chart using range bars, have you tried these?, and if so, has it improved your trade results?

thanks

Comment

I have done a minor modification to this indicator to show the trend of each candle, since I like to know if it closed up or down.
                      this almost looks like a smoothed average range bar chart with parabolics and henkin ashi coloring

just an observation by comparison

Comment

Originally posted by tradereight View Post
                        please let me know if you find these indicators helpful
                        i think they are close to the original ones

please post examples of successful trades if you like the indicators

the attachments are ".cs" files,

ninja script import requires ".zip" files, unless I am missing something,

please explain

Comment

You can simply put the CS files in the indicator folder and compile any indicator and they work fine.

Another advantage is you don't have NinjaTrader asking you for the millionth time, like you are some small child with no intelligence if you trust the files and want to import them (very annoying).

Originally posted by kronie View Post
                          the attachments are ".cs" files,

ninja script import requires ".zip" files, unless I am missing something,

please explain

Comment

Hello,

Although ElliotWave is correct that this is possible, we don't recommend putting the .cs file directly into your indicators as this can, and often does, mess things up for beginners. The .zip and import/export options are much safer.
                            DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Color Bars but no trailing stops

Hi eDanny: I downloaded 'EASCtrend1changed.zip' and imported it into NT. I get the color candles (red, blue and green) and the message "Trend UP" but I don't have the trailing stop dots nor the big Red or Blue Dots to indicate entry long or short, characteristic of eASCTrend. Is your original post in another thread? Maybe this happens because is after market hrs?

I downloaded Elliott Wave's zip files ASCTrend in case they were a compliment but when trying to import I get the message in the attachment below.

It is ok if we can't have the entry or trailing dots. I just wan't to know if I have and incomplet indicator

Thank you guys for a great job

Javier
                              Attached Files

Comment

You are right, there is only candle coloring in this indicator. The entry signals are given in ASCTrend1Signal indicator, I believe, which has not been converted to NT yet. Sorry to disappoint but all I did was modify this indicator.
                                eDanny

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes
                                Last Post usazencort  
                                Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes