Collapse

Better Volume Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This works well on all my charts except for the Euro Stoxx50. I am using it on a 144 tick chart. I use the same indicator and chart settings for the S&P and Russell and it runs fine.
    I seem to get all the bars the same height and generally a lot of yellow bars.
    I have the the true to calc on bar close set.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Regards

Comment

Originally posted by vast524 View Post
      This works well on all my charts except for the Euro Stoxx50. I am using it on a 144 tick chart. I use the same indicator and chart settings for the S&P and Russell and it runs fine.
      Regards
      I can't say really. I suspect that perhaps it's like the yen mini and has a strange tick size the messes up indicators? But no, that can't be, we're talking about volume...... How does a regular volume indicator look?

In the end I'm afraid I can't help. I can't even access that index. Sorry.

Comment

new thread with bugfix from kuroro13

Originally posted by vast524 View Post
        I have the the true to calc on bar close set.
        Any help would be appreciated.
        Regards
        you can find an update with a fix in form of an eld:

we have to thank kuroro13 and emini-watch!!!
        and probably the person who is able to convert

happy trading
        Last edited by calibri; 06-05-2008, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by calibri View Post
          you can find an update with a fix in form of an eld:
          This doesn't appear to be a fix, but rather a modification aimed at improved filtering.

A. I don't completely understand the intent of the change
          B. I really don't have the time to devote to a big mod (big by my standards)

So if someone else wants to take a stab, please do. Or maybe if I can get clear comprehension of the objective, I'll be more motivated. I didn't see any update to the article though.

Comment

Please Goldfly, be motivated !!!

I don't have the programming skills to do that stuff so I can only rely on others and I assure you I deeply regret it.
            This version of the code is a major improvement of the initial code because by using upticks and downticks instead of only bar range to calculate a relationship with volume, it enables someway this indicator to take the bullish and bearish pressure for the period into account and give better signals.

Finally, you get a sharpest analysis of volume/range for the period which might lead to adding colored volume bars

Here is a picture explaining my thought

I cannot garantee that this is what barry (the better volume indicator creator) wanted to achieve but that is how I understand this updated version of the code.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong

Comment

I have posted a non-beta version in the indicators file sharing area. It is titled "Better Volume".

I didn't understand the reasons behind the somewhat convoluted programming logic in the beta version. Instead, I used the exact same algorithm as the original TradeStation version. Because the algorithm is identical, there's no need to call it 'beta'.

I also made three improvements:
              • You can use True Range instead of Range in the calculations if you want.
              • You can cause it to paint the price bars like the volume bars when a volume bar has a non-normal color.
              • For efficiency it plots the exponential average of the volume instead of the simple average.
              -Alex

Comment

Good stuff, I'll be sure to check it out. I've been using this indicator for quite a while and find it much more useful than regular volume. One addition I made was to add a second moving average and found that the crossovers were extremely useful in predicting trend formation and exhaustion...

Comment

I like this indicator . But can anyone explain why a "low volume high range churn bar" can possibly have high volume? This is what often occurs on my charts on the 233 tick ES.

thanks
                  Last edited by lindsayf; 01-11-2009, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lindsayf View Post
                    I like this indicator . But can anyone explain why a "low volume high range churn bar" can possibly have high volume? This is what often occurs on my charts on the 233 tick ES.

thanks
                    Got a screenshot?

Comment

Here tis...

you will see an example of this at 2.01 on the attached chart. The black bar is supposedly a low volume low churn bar. I am now seeing that volume interpretation on a tick chart is a very different propostion to a time chart(probably no surprise to those with more experince than me)..and that this may have something to do with this??

regards
                      Lindsay
                      Attached Files

Comment

Oh, I see. You're on the wrong thread.

You are using another version of this indicator.

Try loading the one on this thread and compare them to see what you get.

Comment

Originally posted by goldfly View Post

THIS IS BETA.

The logic on this is pretty straight-forward, but until I get confirmation from someone who can compare it to the original version, it must be BETA.
                          Hi there!
                          I wanna to ask you, what with confirmation Better Volume Beta
                          indicator? Do u have any update? Thanks May be someone give me a link for update.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliott Wave View Post
                            Good stuff, I'll be sure to check it out. I've been using this indicator for quite a while and find it much more useful than regular volume. One addition I made was to add a second moving average and found that the crossovers were extremely useful in predicting trend formation and exhaustion...
                            hi ,can you show us how to add an extra moving average ...cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by price777999 View Post
                              hi ,can you show us how to add an extra moving average ...cheers.
                              This is the version I'm using.
                              Attached Files

Comment

great thanks ..looks very interesting !

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Javierw.ok