Better Volume Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goldfly View Post
    Did you check the LINKS in the file sharing post or on the first post in this thread?

I'm amazed this thread still lives......
    Me too as it's completely useless without uptick/downtick information!

Comment

I find the dramatic increase in bid bars or ask bars(length wise) useful.
      I assume this willnot run on the NT 7 version come september.

Still hunting for that black bar ,hoping i can locate it on the TS video provided .

Comment

Originally posted by laredo View Post
        I find the dramatic increase in bid bars or ask bars(length wise) useful.
        I assume this willnot run on the NT 7 version come september.

Still hunting for that black bar ,hoping i can locate it on the TS video provided .
        I look at the source:

Code:
                    Add(new Plot(new Pen(Color.FromKnownColor(KnownColor.Black), hilight), PlotStyle.Bar, "LowChurnBar"));
        the author called it "low churn bar". The original author of the better volume indicator (Barry from emini watch) doesn't have a low churn bar. I don't think low churn bar would be of interest. What we are interested in are low volume bars that show amateur activity and high volume churn bars which show professionals changing sides.

I've been using the original better volume on tradestation for several months now and it's great. Takes a while to learn how to use it but when you do you're learning price & volume which are the essence of trading.

Barry uses upticks & downticks to find out if volume is buying volume or selling volume. Ninjatrader doesn't have upticks & downticks. You can calculate it yourself using the version I posted earlier, but it won't work for historical data. I'm not sure if NT7 will have upticks & downticks.

Comment

Originally posted by cunparis View Post
          I look at the source:

Code:
                      Add(new Plot(new Pen(Color.FromKnownColor(KnownColor.Black), hilight), PlotStyle.Bar, "LowChurnBar"));
          the author called it "low churn bar". The original author of the better volume indicator (Barry from emini watch) doesn't have a low churn bar. I don't think low churn bar would be of interest. What we are interested in are low volume bars that show amateur activity and high volume churn bars which show professionals changing sides.

I've been using the original better volume on tradestation for several months now and it's great. Takes a while to learn how to use it but when you do you're learning price & volume which are the essence of trading.

Barry uses upticks & downticks to find out if volume is buying volume or selling volume. Ninjatrader doesn't have upticks & downticks. You can calculate it yourself using the version I posted earlier, but it won't work for historical data. I'm not sure if NT7 will have upticks & downticks.
          It seems to work fine on NT7b16, but the black bar does not seem to make any sense as "low (volume?) churn" since it frequently appears on fairly high volume bars. I am still trying to correlate it- does anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post inanazsocial  
          Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post trilliantrader