Collapse

Ehlers Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't notice any difference either, Thank The Maker!!!
    RJay
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Elliott Wave View Post
      Interesting. I actually got the Jurik package myself yesterday, and while its a little too soon to make any judgements, so far I'm quite impressed ( I also trade EURUSD). I agree that T3 can get you 95% of the way there, but I'm happy to pay for the 5% advantage. In terms of using the JMA to presmooth an indicator, I was able to replicate the results VERY close with T3 (different smooth period though). Where I think the JMA has an advantage over the T3 is in price gaps (not as applicable in Forex) and big price spikes. It tends to track the changes quicker, whereas T3 is a bit slower and will overshoot. I think the usefulness depends entirely on your application, and for me I'm pretty sure over the next 6 months they will pay for themselves.

Another point I agree with is that some of the NinjaScript indicators could be programmed a bit better, for example the JurikRSX has no center, or overbought/oversold lines etc. the same with many other indicators. I'll likely change this myself and will be glad to share the results with other NT Jurik users.

As both the T3 and JMA were introduced in 1998, I find it hard to believe that nothing better has come out since (at least that I can find). To be honest I'm pretty sure there are many better moving averages, but no one is making them public

And no, I wasn't able to get the filter working. My understanding of C# is limited and anything I do is usually other stuff hacked together I really hope it gets figured out though, it may just be the JMA killer I've been looking for...

P.S. I found this post on another board that had me intrigued.
      Elliott Wave and Whitegun,
      Thanks for your thought on Jurik indicators. I searched the forums and found very little tlak about them. Elliot are you still finding them useful ? Would appreciate anyone elses thoughts about the Jurik indicators.

Comment

Originally posted by Riverend View Post
        Elliott Wave and Whitegun,
        Thanks for your thought on Jurik indicators. I searched the forums and found very little tlak about them. Elliot are you still finding them useful ? Would appreciate anyone elses thoughts about the Jurik indicators.
        Yes they are still useful. Probably the most useful and best value in the third party category for NT (imo).

I'm currently holding off on any more NT system/indicator development until NT7 beta comes out but once indicator on indicator is as easy as it should be, I think the Jurik indicators will be even more useful.

Comment

Thanks for your input EW. I thinks it worth looking at.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jaybedreamin  
          Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DJ888