Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Atr indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atr indicator

ATR indicator that does the following:
    Calculate and plot the Daily ATR levels for n days - 30 days is default but can also be user defined - also please note this must be calculated from n days ATR not the current charts period. So I can use the n days ATR indicator on a 5, 30, 60 minute chart. Or volume , tick, etc.. chart. In addition to the default ATR level there must be an additional 2 user defined levels. Total three user defined levels. Color and style of all plots should be customizable as always.

The ATR level must be calculated on the current chart using the current hi and low.

Hello diver,

Thank you for your note.

So I may best answer your question, can you provide more detail on what it is you are trying to do?

I look forward to your reply.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlanP View Post
      Hello diver,

Thank you for your note.

So I may best answer your question, can you provide more detail on what it is you are trying to do?

I look forward to your reply.
      Thank you.

Right now I use the NT ATR indicator to find the ATR for several daily levels. 10 day 20 day etc. Then I have to manually put those levels on my day trading shorter term charts. 5,30, 60 minutes etc.,. calculated on the current high and low of the day. Then I have to adjust them if a new high or low is made at any time since the last levels were calculated.

I would like an ATR indicator that will calculate the ATR on a daily chart with user designated time frames n days and the be able to put that on the shorter term n minutes charts as described in my original post.

Comment

Hello Diver,

Yes it would be possible to calculate the ATR off a daily series and use that within shorter time frames.

I wrote a sample which will set the value of a plot to the value of a 14 period ATR calculated off a daily series, subtracted from the daily Close. I use the previous day’s value for both the ATR and the close.

If you apply this to a intraday chart you will see a stepping pattern, as the plot is only adjusted off daily data. In the screen shot, the chart on the left is a daily chart, while on the right is a 10 minute chart.

You could use the logic in the sample as a framework for incorporating this into your strategy.

For more information on MultiSeries Scripts see,

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
        Attached Files
        Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlanP View Post
          Hello Diver,

Yes it would be possible to calculate the ATR off a daily series and use that within shorter time frames.

I wrote a sample which will set the value of a plot to the value of a 14 period ATR calculated off a daily series, subtracted from the daily Close. I use the previous day’s value for both the ATR and the close.

If you apply this to a intraday chart you will see a stepping pattern, as the plot is only adjusted off daily data. In the screen shot, the chart on the left is a daily chart, while on the right is a 10 minute chart.

You could use the logic in the sample as a framework for incorporating this into your strategy.

For more information on MultiSeries Scripts see,

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
          Thanks. do you have someone who can write the complete indicator for me as I described it? I cannot code.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post CortexZenUSA  
          Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
          0 responses
          1 view