Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade frm NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.7 to NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.8

Hello,

The NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.8 has just been made available but the procedure to upgrade from NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.7 to NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.8 has not been updated , as per the extract below :

+++++++++++++++++++++
    NinjaTrader 7 Upgrade Guide

Dear NinjaTrader User:
    NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.7 is compatible with Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1. Please thoroughly read the information on this page prior to installing.

+++++++++++++++++++

So I am holding this upgarde for now.

Regards
    Gerard

Hello ggeib750,

Thank you for your post.

The upgrade guide is used when upgrading NinjaTrader from version 7.0.1000.3 Beta or later.
    If you are using version 7.0.1000.7, the upgrade process is as follows:
    • Retrieve your license key by going to Help > License Key (you will need this at the download page)
    • Shut down NinjaTrader
    • Go to the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php
    • Paste in your License Key at the Current Users section
    • Choose the Current Version (7.0.1000.8)
    • Follow the installer prompts
    • Once complete, open NinjaTrader and go to Help > About to check if your version properly updated to 7.0.1000.8

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the reply .

It works . the point is closed

Comment

Hello ggeib750,

I am glad to hear that worked for you.

Comment

Oops , I screwed up a bit in my explainations.

I did a successful fresh install in my Desktop PC = OK ( NT7 was not installed)
          Now i need to perform the upgrade from .7 to .8 release in my Laptop .

Before to proceed as per your recommendation below , I understand that this will be like a fresh install as it is not required to uninstall first .7 release or to backup the NT data directory in my documents folder with chart/indicator/template sub-directories because they will not be erased during the installation of .8 release.

Please confirm.

Regards
          Gerard

Comment

Hello ggeib750,

Thank you for your response.

You are correct, there is no need to uninstall your current version as this is an over the top installation. And you settings, templates, etc. will all be saved.

Comment

Just want to say congratulations NT on the upgrade.

All running smoothly here and a nice list of fixes and improvements.

Thanks to NT, appreciate it.

Comment

Hello ,

Just to inform Ninjatrader that I have upgraded successfully my Laptop from NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.7 to NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.8 ( 64 bits version and Win7)

regards
                Gerard

Comment

upgrading could be simplified

Hi all;
                  I had the same fears as Gerard and haven't up graded to v8 as I had so many problems up grading last time. I work full time as well and didn't want to spend hours sorting out why it wont work, frustratingly last time it was a box that had to be checked in the Account connection settings window but it took 24 hours to resolve.

If this up grade is over the top of the last one I will try it over the holiday but please can NT just use a simple click and auto install programme the same as every other company that has software that is regularly up dated eg IB, TOS, Options Express, Java, HP, Adobe, Poker Stars etc etc etc.

I don't understand why you are the only software developer that needs us to hunt down and delete files elsewhere on our computers for upgrades. If we dont need to then the upgrade instructions have misled me as well. This seems to be a real issue with a lot of people who can use a computer but are not, shall we say computer wizards like you guys and issues are compounded when your own money is at stake.

Other than this NT is fantastic and the support guys are very good at giving you a prompt reply to any queries even if it doesn't always solve the problem instantly.

Comment

Hello stocktraderbmp,

Thank you for your post.

If you are upgrading from NinjaTrader version 7.0.1000.3 or higher the upgrade process is as follows:
                    • Retrieve your license key by going to Help > License Key (you will need this at the download page)
                    • Shut down NinjaTrader
                    • Go to the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php
                    • Paste in your License Key at the Current Users section
                    • Choose the Current Version (7.0.1000.8)
                    • Follow the installer prompts
                    • Once complete, open NinjaTrader and go to Help > About to check if your version properly updated to 7.0.1000.8

This is an over the top installation and there is no need to uninstall your current version of NinjaTrader.

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply, as ever; but this was my point, it doesn't need a reply just a suggestion to your development team:

please can NT just use a simple click and auto install programme the same as every other company that has software that is regularly up dated eg IB, TOS, Options Express, Java, HP, Adobe, Poker Stars etc etc etc.

and any other of the gazzillion companies out there that have frequent software updates.

regards...

Comment

Hello stocktraderbmp,

Thank you for your suggestion on how we can improve our product.

I will forward this suggestion on to our development team and respond with a unique tracking id.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hello stocktraderbmp,

Thank you for your suggestion on how we can improve our software.

This suggestion has been submitted into our tracking system with the unique ID #1447.

Comment

hi... the upgrade is very good and i have no issue with the new version.
                            But check this out (in your upgrade release...)

Added
                            FXCM adapter
                            Support FXCM (Closed Beta) for forex

What is this? FXCM Adapter... actually i have been waited for connecting to FXCM... how do i use this, can I connect FXCM feed?

Thanks again for the good job!

Mike

Comment

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum.

Unfortunately, were are currently conducting a closed beta for the FXCM adapter. This is currently unavailable to the public at this time.
                              You will be able to connect to FXCM once it has been released to the public.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Waxavi
                              by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes