Post a public feature list for upcoming versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post a public feature list for upcoming versions

It would probably be a good idea if you could post a public list of upcoming features (and keep it current). In that way us new users don't have to browse the entire forum to see if you already have had requests for specific features, and if you've decided to implement them or not.

You could also give each registered user a fixed number of votes and let us vote for say 3 features we like the most.

cheers,
    tobbe

Thanks for the suggestion.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That would be great!
      Usually new users don't even bother to search for existing threads so with a sticky feature request list you could avoid a lot of repetitive answers..

Comment

I can't recommend this idea enough.

-It prevents people from creating redundant feature requests, saving the support team time responding.

-It allows users to see that their requests have been noted and considered.

and most importantly

It allows the NT team to prioritize development based on the needs of the user base.

The commitment and responsiveness of the developers as well as the user community is NinjaTrader's greatest strength in my opinion. The only other company I'm aware of responds so rapidly to the needs of its users is ****os, Justin Frankel's new company (the creator of Winamp, GNUtella and now the audio workstation Reaper). The parallels are too numerous to mention, but I feel both companies represent the next generation of software developers in their respective fields and am happy to have found both.

One interesting idea I can bring from the ****os community related to feature requests is the feature request vote counter (user created). Its a bot that tracks feature requests in the forum and sorts them by vote count and also tracks which features have been implemented.

Just an idea. Users that feel empowered in the development process are the best proselytizers.

Do you think I would have spend the last hour writing an email to my broker urging them to support Tradestation or eSignal? Not on your life.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post tsantospinto  
        Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post cre8able