Extended Line or Ray.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended Line or Ray.

Is there a way to make the tool for Extended Line or Ray to draw perfectly horizontal if I only wish to plot a perfect horizontal line only instead of a line at a slope or angle?
    Thank you.

Hello Trader17,

Thanks for your post.

It currently is not possible to do this through the Drawing Tool itself, but we are tracking interest in making such changes. The ticket ID for the feature request is SFT-1369 and I have added a vote on your behalf.

Feature request interest is collected before it is determined if the feature should be implemented, so we can't offer an ETA. Once implemented, the ticket ID will be listed in the Release Notes page of the help guide.

In the meantime, you may change the anchors of the drawing tool after it has been placed to make it horizontal or vertical. Keep in mind, anchor coordinates are calculated with floating point math and may appear to have unequal values. This would be an expected item to run into.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 05-18-2018, 02:34 PM.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. Another suggestion would be for a box to open up and plot price/value in it for line to stay horizontal across.

Comment

Also if I place an extended line or ray on a 5 minute chart and change the time frame to say a 30 minute chart will I be able to keep the lines drawn from the 5 minute chart? So can I change time frames and retain lines drawn on one time frame?
        Thank you.

Comment

Hello Trader17,

I'm not sure I follow your suggestion. When you open up the Drawing objects dialog by double clicking on the line, you are able to set either anchor to have the same time or price value so you can convert the line to a vertical or horizontal line at either anchor. If you had something else in mind, could you elaborate?

Lines drawn will persist between time frames. You may test this by placing a line, changing the time frame and then switching back.

Also to note: gubbar924 has created a custom drawing tool with features to quickly convert a line to be horizontal or vertical. You may wish to have a look. I'll provide a link below.

Extendable Line Drawing Tool - https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...atid=9&lpage=1

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

What I was referring to is if we have a properties box for the line then maybe there should be a value in there like a price level to draw line at and keep it horizontal. Like say leave line at 2500.00 for the ES as an example. Do values appear in the properties box for a drawing objct in NT8?
            Thanks.

Comment

How do I customize this tool? I downloaded and installed it. Where do I customize it to make my lines/rays perfectly horizontal?
              Thanks.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
              Hello Trader17,

Also to note: gubbar924 has created a custom drawing tool with features to quickly convert a line to be horizontal or vertical. You may wish to have a look. I'll provide a link below.

Extendable Line Drawing Tool - https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...atid=9&lpage=1

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Hello Trader 17,

The Drawing Objects dialog window (can be opened by double clicking on the drawing object or by right clicking on that object and selecting properties) contains the times and values for both start/end anchors of the draw object. These can be changed to make the line horizontal or vertical by changing the start anchor or the end anchor. This is under the "Data" section in the Properties field.

gubbar924's ExtendableLine drawing tool has context menu items (right click menu) added for making the line vertical or horizontal at either anchor. If you have any other specific questions on using that drawing tool, I recommend reaching out to him via PM.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post GLFX005
                by GLFX005