Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Symbol Mapping to Interactive Brokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Symbol Mapping to Interactive Brokers

I'm looking to test a strategy on all symbols in the NASDAQ Composite using NT and Interactive Brokers. On another platform I had to manually map symbols to IB in order for IB to recognize. Is symbol mapping required using NT and if so is there a way to bulk map? I'm familiar with creating symbol lists. Thanks!

Hello hnanney1,

Thank you for your post,

You can review the pre-installed instruments via Tools > Instruments .

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments. Should you wish to add an instrument to your database that is not located in the pre-loaded lists, please follow these steps:

Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments window.
    Left-click on the ‘add’ button that appears near the lower right-hand corner of the Instruments window.
    Enter instrument-specific symbol mapping, exchanges, and other information on the Instrument editor that appears. This information will largely depend on your broker or datafeed provider’s specific settings regarding the instrument in question.
    Left-click the OK button once each field has been filled out with correct information.
    The new instrument has now been created in your database. Should you wish to add this instrument to an instrument list:

Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments Lists window.
    Left-click to select the instrument list that you wish to add this instrument to in the left panel, then left-click on the ‘add’ button at the bottom of the right-hand panel.
    Type the name and (if applicable) front month of your instrument in the search field that appears. Press the Enter button on your keyboard to confirm this change.
    Left-click the OK button to close the Instrument Lists window.
    Your new instrument is now added to the instrument list of your choice.

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Could you teach me how to set up below example?

Could you teach me how to set up this:

I tried to set it up referring to ES futures and NIFTY (SGX) futures setup, but it does not work
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

To test, please change the symbol map to "NIFTY50|||1" and open a new chart with these settings.

To type "|||" use the key that is above your Enter button, this a a pipe symbol or a vertical line; the key also has the "\" symbol as well.

Please also verify real time and level II data is subscribed and able to be received in TWS.

If you still are not able to receive data, do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

We look forward to assisting further.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        166 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post sidlercom80  
        Started by thread, Yesterday, 11:58 PM
        0 responses