Bitcoin Futures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive Broker BTC exchange - CFECRYPTO

In Interactive Brokers, the exchange they use for XBT is called CFECRYPTO. Does this need to match exactly in Ninjatrader 7? I see Cfe, but no CFECRYPTO exchange under the XBT futures symbol in Ninjatrader 7.

Thanks!

Comment

The latest NinjaTrader 7 update to version 7.0.1000.37 contains the needed master instrument XBT. To check which version you're on please go to Help > About in the NinjaTrader platform.

If you have a version earlier than the 7.0.1000.37, please go to Help > Download Site and update your copy and only then proceed.

If you are on the 7.0.1000.37 version and do not see the master instrument XBT listed (this can be checked via Tools > Instrument Manager > Type XBT in the Name filed and hit 'Search'), please 'Reset Instruments' under Tools > Options > Data > Database Management.

Interactive Brokers is not mapped for XBT by default. However, it can be manually configured with the following mapping:

Interactive Brokers : XBT

To add any of those manually in, please follow those steps -
      1. Disconnect from all connections
      2. To find the XBT master instrument go to Tools > Instrument Manager > Type XBT in the Name filed and hit 'Search'
      3. Click on 'Edit' to open the Instrument Editor
      4. Select the 'Misc' tab here
      5. Scroll down to the 'Symbol map' section.
      6. Enter 'XBT' next to 'Interactive Brokers' > OK > OK.
      7. Restart NinjaTrader fresh after those new mappings are set.

More info could also be found here - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nstruments.htm

Comment

bitcoin futures

Hi Ryan I am using NT brokerage NT Continuum data,
        I have already reset instruments and I see the contracts in IM
        Can see chart in NT8 but not NT7 7 is on V37
        tried resetting,repairing DB still nothing on chart.
        Any ideas?
        Thanks in advance
        Last edited by sonia0101; 12-12-2017, 05:30 AM.

Comment

What contract month are you viewing?

What is your NT7 merge policy? You can check by going to Tools > Options > Data tab.

Comment

I found out it's probably because I am not receiving real time data to feed into my charts.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
              What contract month are you viewing?

What is your NT7 merge policy? You can check by going to Tools > Options > Data tab.
              Hi Patrick, seems like all is good now I can get chart..In nt7 as well. Did not change a thing, but thanks for responding.

Comment

is there a sim CME BTC data available to try out?

Comment

outsource, I am unaware of a free source of real-time data for BTC or XBT.

Comment

Any idea how to include the BitCoin CME futures contract into NT7 now?

Comment

First, ensure you're on the latest version of NinjaTrader 7 (7.0.1000.37). You can check by going to Help > About.

If not, please upgrade to the latest version:
                      • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
                      • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                      • Enter your license key and press Submit
                      • Select 'NinjaTrader 7'
                      • Select 'Download'
                      • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Once on the latest version, you'll also want to reset your instruments to make sure your database receives all instrument update information:
                      • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
                      • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
                      • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection

After these steps, BTC will be available in the master instrument list.

Depending on your data provider, you may need to edit the symbol mapping to properly receive data. If you let me know who you connect to I can provide specific instructions (if necessary).

Comment

Any special setting/symbol mapping for CQG?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                        First, ensure you're on the latest version of NinjaTrader 7 (7.0.1000.37). You can check by going to Help > About.

If not, please upgrade to the latest version:
                        • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
                        • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                        • Enter your license key and press Submit
                        • Select 'NinjaTrader 7'
                        • Select 'Download'
                        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

Once on the latest version, you'll also want to reset your instruments to make sure your database receives all instrument update information:
                        • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
                        • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
                        • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection

After these steps, BTC will be available in the master instrument list.

Depending on your data provider, you may need to edit the symbol mapping to properly receive data. If you let me know who you connect to I can provide specific instructions (if necessary).

Comment

Mapping for BTC when using a CQG-based connection and NinjaTrader 7 currently requires some manual configuration:
                          • Disconnect from your data provider
                          • Tools > Instrument Manager
                          • Locate and select 'BTC' > Edit > 'Misc' tab
                          • Scroll down to the mapping section and locate your provider (CQG, Continuum, NinjaTrader Continuum)
                          • You should see 'BRR'. Replace this with 'BTC' > OK > OK
                          • Reconnect and test

Keep in mind that real-time data being available will be dependent on if your connection is enabled for real-time data for the BTC instrument. Reach out to your data provider/broker directly for more infromation.

Also, historical data is not yet available for this instrument from NinjaTrader, but it will be available tentatively beginning later today.

Comment

Hi,

I received an email yesterday from NT that this month, clients will be able to trade BTC/XBT via the ninja trader platform.

Does NT have a specific date when we can start trading?

Rgds,

Rob
                            Attached Files

Comment

The NinjaTrader forums are for technical support only. The Brokerage Team does not have access to these forums.

Please contact the NinjaTrader Brokerage Team directly for more information about trading these instruments with NinjaTrader Brokerage. Their contact phone and email are at the bottom of the image you attached.

Here is another resource for contact information:

If you have any questions, concerns or feedback, or want to open an account, we're here to help. Click here to find the appropriate contact for your needs!

Comment

They said it will be available this coming Friday.

Originally posted by robje737 View Post
                                Hi,

I received an email yesterday from NT that this month, clients will be able to trade BTC/XBT via the ninja trader platform.

Does NT have a specific date when we can start trading?

Rgds,

Rob

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                                Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
                                14 responses